PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - Luton Town v PNE - 20/06/20 - KO:15:00 - Championship

Who played next to Pearson against Wigan? That for me was the most creative we’ve ever seen him for north end, so interested to see who it was that allowed him to move up

at keeping his strip clean?

If we're playing someone good, i'd rather play someone who can keep up with play even if they're doing fuck all.

Gally can't keep up any more and it means he's not where you want him to be when we regain possession.

Those switches of play and defence splitting passes are a thing of the past based on this season.

It's time to give Ledson, Potts or Bayliss a go to see if they're up to it.

If we're playing someone good, i'd rather play someone who can keep up with play even if they're doing fuck all.

Gally can't keep up any more and it means he's not where you want him to be when we regain possession.

Those switches of play and defence splitting passes are a thing of the past based on this season.

Or we could put fisher at right back, Browne where Gallagher is, Potts Bayliss and ledson on the bench, and have 11 actual players in our team

Perhaps in a couple of games time when we've blown our play-off chances AN might give some of these some game time.

Or we could put fisher at right back, Browne where Gallagher is, Potts Bayliss and ledson on the bench, and have 11 actual players in our team

That works for me.

Based on Saturday though, I don't see how Bayliss can be any less creative than what we had out there

That works for me.

Based on Saturday though, I don't see how Bayliss can be any less creative than what we had out there
I’m wondering, from the very little I’ve seen of him, if neil doesn’t think he can handle the physicality of the championship. He’s only slight

Perhaps in a couple of games time when we've blown our play-off chances AN might give some of these some game time.
All seems a bit arse about face doesn't it, a load of promising young talented players can't shift old underperforming stalwarts such as gally, DJ, Pearson etc etc.

Absolute bullshit (know you didn't say they should) we need to give them games, specifically Potts, they need to earn their chance not just be given it because they're there

I would imagine that a lot of the pre match advice directed at Ben Pearson from Alex Neil is about cool heads and containment.
It may be time for him to say feck it Ben we’ve got nothing to lose, we might not be in this position again for a long time, forget sideways and backwards....attack.

All seems a bit arse about face doesn't it, a load of promising young talented players can't shift old underperforming stalwarts such as gally, DJ, Pearson etc etc.

Absolute bullshit (know you didn't say they should) we need to give them games, specifically Potts, they need to earn their chance not just be given it because they're there

I’m sorry have you actually just called Pearson and DJ old, underperforming stalwarts?

A shackled Pearson is still among the best, if not the best, player(s) in the Championship. Imagine how good he'd be if let loose.

It's a common theme across Neil's management of the squad.

However, Gally IS underperforming and should be out of the team. It'd be nice to see Ledson or Bayliss get a go.

Fisher's cameo was his first actual game since coming back. I doubt he'll even be in for Cardiff.

I don't know why we keep laying Gallagher or Nugent and why are we not pressing the opposition defences we keep attacking then going backwards sideways so slow pedestrian football ,why play like that it gives them time to cover with there defence and our attackers get crowded out .
Pearson is a good player but he is one of the main culprits for playing back and sideways he should be surging forward and attacking them .
That game we gave away and I don't get the tactics from our manager I think if we fail because of his tactics we need to part ways and get a new manager

Having been bored shitless watching the 0-0 non entity Merseyside Derby, I just started thinking about the inability of North End to create any kind of meaningfull chances, said to myself Alex Neil hasn't been able to get in players he'd like, then remembered he'd actualy signed quite a lot of Invisible players.

Another of Neil's invisible signings is Josh Ginnelly. Where is he now. His loan spell at Bristol Rovers is clearly over. Nowhere to be seen yesterday. Well i didn't see him anyway. I thought he had something in him Pre season. at 23 if he he can't get in the squad now, he never will, Similarly Bayliss. Coventry were apparently gutted to lose him. Didn't seem to do them any harm. Potts, Nugent, Stockley etc. Not sure I'd trust Neil with another penny.
Agree about Neil's pointless signings. At Norwich, he signed midfielders, Pritchard and Maddison, ironically from Coventry and hardly played em'. He did however, sign Yannick Wildschut for big money from Wigan and he turned out to be shit. To be fair, Maddison has turned out to be a decent player, so maybe there's hope for Bayliss.

I don't really understand his signing of Stockley, if he's not going to play him and persist with Maguire. No wonder Trevor seems reluctant to spend.

Who played next to Pearson against Wigan? That for me was the most creative we’ve ever seen him for north end, so interested to see who it was that allowed him to move up

Gally on the bench and Browne in midfield.

But that‘s hardly the first time they’ve played together......

At the end of the day, it’s the players that are strolling about and passing it backwards. It’s a while since I played football but i seem to recall that running into space to receive the ball and generally trying to attack the opposition goal was a good way of scoring.

Maybe they should try that.

I’m wondering, from the very little I’ve seen of him, if neil doesn’t think he can handle the physicality of the championship. He’s only slight

I mean... is it more physical than league 1 or 2? I'm not buying it, if anything that league should have less technical players and more cloggers? He's come from the lower leagues, not a U23 academy.

On another note, The one game we played Bodin up front, didn't he score? Can't hurt to give him a try there for as long as he can stay fit, he can swap about with Barkhuizen too?

I mean... is it more physical than league 1 or 2? I'm not buying it, if anything that league should have less technical players and more cloggers? He's come from the lower leagues, not a U23 academy.

On another note, The one game we played Bodin up front, didn't he score? Can't hurt to give him a try there for as long as he can stay fit, he can swap about with Barkhuizen too?
There’s a bit of a difference between physicality and cloggers. Cloggers often just throw themselves at tackles. The better players will seal an attacker out without needing to tackle, outmuscling them off the ball