PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Team v Derby

Jack Daniels

PNE-ONLINE Boxing Expert.
Patron
Time for an overhaul. 6 changes.

I expect some initial ridicule but if you think about each player / position individually.

The 2 CBs have been poor for a while whilst Rafferty was playing when we were actually winning games. Hunts never lets us down whilst Storey has shown he can play at this level, Davies looks well off the pace making too many costly or near costly mistakes recently.

Ledson I am a fan of and I say give him the remaining 7 games, he cannot do any worse - results wise - than those before him the past 3 months or so.

Barkhuizen looks knackered, blowing out of his arse most of the time. Bodin in to hopefully provide some trickery and a goal or 2.

Pearson further up the pitch could be a revelation. Let him control the game in an area where we can actually hurt teams. He has the passing range to do so.

Harrop is our 3rd top goalscorer and has been greatly underused. Play him into dangerous areas where he makes things happen.

Sinclair up top because he is the best of a poor bunch.

I was close to putting Walker, as a wildcard, in on the left.

Anything but the same old, same old tired team which is resulting in dire losing performances.

Rudd
Fisher Storey Huntington Rafferty
Ledson DJ
Bodin Pearson Harrop
Sinclair​

I'm at the stage of thinking picking names out of a hat Westley-style might at least give Derby something to think about.

Rudd
Browne Bauer Davies Rafferty
Johnson Gallagher
Pearson
Bodin Maguire Barkhuizen

As JD says I’d push Pearson further up...nothing to lose and could be a revelation.
I would also let the front 3 swap about because we don’t have anyone with enough quality to stay in the No9 position for the full game.

I expect some initial ridicule but if you think about each player / position individually.

The 2 CBs have been poor for a while whilst Rafferty was playing when we were actually winning games. Hunts never lets us down whilst Storey has shown he can play at this level, Davies looks well off the pace making too many costly or near costly mistakes recently.

Ledson I am a fan of and I say give him the remaining 7 games, he cannot do any worse - results wise - than those before him the past 3 months or so.

Barkhuizen looks knackered, blowing out of his arse most of the time. Bodin in to hopefully provide some trickery and a goal or 2.

Pearson further up the pitch could be a revelation. Let him control the game in an area where we can actually hurt teams. He has the passing range to do so.

Harrop is our 3rd top goalscorer and has been greatly underused. Play him into dangerous areas where he makes things happen.

Anything but the same old, same old tired team which is resulting in dire losing performances.

Rudd
Ledson DJ
Bodin Pearson Harrop
Sinclair​

I've been saying Sinclair up top in a couple of threads now - think he's got both the pace, skill and accuracy to make the difference. We've also got plenty of players who can play out on the wings, so it's not like he'd be missed.

Big shake up needed for me ... if the 'squad' players aren't going to be used now, then when will they be used? They must be chomping at the bit to get a chance... so...

Rudd
Fisher Bauer Hunts Rafferty
Pearson DJ
Bodin Potts Harrop
Sinclair

Agree with all this. Several first team regulars look completely shot, lacking any confidence and it needs new impetus with emphasis on players who do have the capability to conjure something out of nothing plus a leader (Hunts). We have nothing to lose because the season is rapidly going down the pan and I don't have any confidence that the team currently being put out will deliver any other than the turgid tired performances seen over the past half a dozen games. My worry is the effect he managers attitude is having on the players, his 'conversation' with Sinclair and DJ being prime examples.

DJ didn’t have a bad game and fed the ball to Sinclair’s feet. Scott showed what a talent he could be if he got the service. Stockley prefers the ball to his chest or feet and was outjumped by Morrison who showed his Premier league experience.
I think the only players certain of keeping in the team are Rudd (much improved) Pearson(mom again) and DJ.(class), Sinclair (threat). The rest of them could be changed for me as their confidence is shot.
Possible chance for Bayliss,Ledson, Harrop and Storey to lay down a marker otherwise move them on next season on loan and try some others to challenge the current team players.

Rudd
Ledson DJ
Bodin Pearson Harrop
Sinclair​
You will get no ridicule from me my friend
All of your suggestions make sense
And to be brutally honest why not. As Del Boy said “who dares wins, mange tout”

I'm at the stage of thinking picking names out of a hat Westley-style might at least give Derby something to think about.
That’s not a bad shout... surely the 11 that play will create more than the team that played yesterday.