PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Transfer Window Overview - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, just seen ancelotti interview. The lad deserves a pop.
I thought he handled it maturely, seeing the funny side in it, then tweeting a clip of his best bits saying “this is what you’re missing Carlo”.

Had a pop at the club tho

Need I need to say anything more, and yes I watched a couple of games later on in the season to see how Josh Earl was getting on at CB👍

Some scrappy goals granted (sign of a good striker imo) but some of obvious quality, too.

Good close control and and certainly spin and turn with the ball before shooting.

Enjoy.

About the 4th goal in v Team in Blue, scored exactly as Ooh Tony Ellis for his 3rd away t'Lashers.

It doesn't matter who the striker is he will need someone to provide the ammunition to enable him to score goals. Something Stockley hasn't had the luxury of.Alan Shearer in his prime would have had trouble scoring in this team.

It doesn't matter who the striker is he will need someone to provide the ammunition to enable him to score goals. Something Stockley hasn't had the luxury of.Alan Shearer in his prime would have had trouble scoring in this team.

That's bullshit, Shearer could get the ball anywhere in the opposition half and look like scoring even in a really shit Blackburn team. He created his own chances purely by holding the ball up well and was the very definition of a one man team.

However, that is precisely what we need. No point wasting money on a 30 goal a season Doyle type who needs chances putting on a silver platter, we need an athletic Hugill who will chase all lost causes and aimless hoofs, hold the ball up giving our midfield time to move up the pitch and inside forwards chance to actually get inside the box.

Get a big strong workhorse with pace up front who will constantly harass defenders but only score about 10 goals, and I bet we'd see Sinclair, Barky, Maguire and DJ (minus penalties) all on 15 goals for the season.

That's bullshit, Shearer could get the ball anywhere in the opposition half and look like scoring even in a really shit Blackburn team. He created his own chances purely by holding the ball up well and was the very definition of a one man team.

However, that is precisely what we need. No point wasting money on a 30 goal a season Doyle type who needs chances putting on a silver platter, we need an athletic Hugill who will chase all lost causes and aimless hoofs, hold the ball up giving our midfield time to move up the pitch and inside forwards chance to actually get inside the box.

Get a big strong workhorse with pace up front who will constantly harass defenders but only score about 10 goals, and I bet we'd see Sinclair, Barky, Maguire and DJ (minus penalties) all on 15 goals for the season.
I seem to remember Shearer had Chris Sutton alongside him with Stuart Ripley providing the bullets.

I seem to remember Shearer had Chris Sutton alongside him with Stuart Ripley providing the bullets.

The key was that Shearer chased everything, then held it up because the wingers were tracking back. Sutton and Newell were the same. Without somebody holding the ball up, occupying defenders and laying the ball in to space you end up with the midfield and defence sat too deep and under pressure.

We haven't had anyone do that for us since Moult got injured.

I thought he handled it maturely, seeing the funny side in it, then tweeting a clip of his best bits saying “this is what you’re missing Carlo”.

Had a pop at the club tho
At first i'm not sure many Footballers would react like that, you move on and say nothing as it might give a negative insight to a new potential club, but if you watch Ancelotti interview then you could hardly blame him.

Reactions: OB1
Wonder how much Barnsley would want for Chaplin if they end up going down. Too much for us probably but certainly worth a look.

With the news on Wigan.

How long before someone suggests a cheeky bid for Joe Garner to come home.

😂

Status
Not open for further replies.