PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - PNE v Derby - 5000th League Game - 1/7/20 KO:17:00 - Championship

IF Hemmings wanted to make a statement of intent, and that he wants to get us to the PL, he would sack AN today and have a new manager in by Saturday. A bit like Middlesbrough making the statement that they wanted to stay up and bringing Warnock in.

If he wanted to get us to the PL, we wouldn’t have started this season with Stockley Maguire and Nugent. And we wouldn’t have let January pass without doing something either.

Sacking a good manager isn’t going to change our fortunes. And given that AN is a very good contract in PNE terms I doubt putting him on gardening leave or paying him off is something the club would be in a position to do given the current crisis, even if he deserved to be sacked, which he doesn’t.

If he wanted to get us to the PL, we wouldn’t have started this season with Stockley Maguire and Nugent. And we wouldn’t have let January pass without doing something either.

Sacking a good manager isn’t going to change our fortunes. And given that AN is a very good contract in PNE terms I doubt putting him on gardening leave or paying him off is something the club would be in a position to do given the current crisis, even if he deserved to be sacked, which he doesn’t.

I totally agree, I was merely playing devil’s advocate and suggesting that if TH wanted to show the fans that he is still interested at this late stage of the season of getting to the PL, that was a course of action open to him.

so you are quite happy with ONE point from the last 18?????

If that is true I think it strengthens my whole point. (not aimed at what you have said)

The people in Hong Kong have allegedly placed a bet in the Philippines on Wigan being relegated. A 12 point deduction would help to achieve relegation.

I think it could be debated whether AN is a good manager or not.
He has won promotion via the play offs in Scotland and England, did not spend any time managing at the top level in Scotland as he joined Norwich.
After winning promotion via the play offs with Norwich, they were relegated the following season, after a single season in the Premier League.
His contract with Norwich was terminated the following season, they had won only seven of their last 24 games and were nine points out side the play off places.
His present record at North End is Games in charge 143, won 55, drawn 40 and lost 48 a win % of 38.5%.

He has won promotion via the play offs in Scotland and England, did not spend any time managing at the top level in Scotland as he joined Norwich.
After winning promotion via the play offs with Norwich, they were relegated the following season, after a single season in the Premier League.
His contract with Norwich was terminated the following season, they had won only seven of their last 24 games and were nine points out side the play off places.
His present record at North End is Games in charge 143, won 55, drawn 40 and lost 48 a win % of 38.5%.

The record when seen in cold hard numbers is not particularly flash Is it ?

AN being a good manager is only your opinion. I think he’s shown his true colours recently, but that is only my opinion of course...

As much as he frustrates the hell out of me he doesn't deserve to get sacked at this point & there's no way he will either.

Whilst we are at the right end of the table & aren't in any danger of relegation he has a job for pretty much as long as he wants it. Uncle Trev isn't arsed whether we get promoted or not so he's quite happy with the status quo.

The record when seen in cold hard numbers is not particularly flash Is it ?
It works out at 66 points over a 46 game season which in a typical season would achieve around a 10th place finish. The record at the moment however is deteriorating quickly.
His job will be safe for the remainder of this season but a poor start to next season could well see that change. The likelihood of a club trying to lure him away is obviously diminished at the moment but not entirely out of the question.

As much as he frustrates the hell out of me he doesn't deserve to get sacked at this point & there's no way he will either.

Whilst we are at the right end of the table & aren't in any danger of relegation he has a job for pretty much as long as he wants it. Uncle Trev isn't arsed whether we get promoted or not so he's quite happy with the status quo.
Well if that's true then good for 'Uncle Trev'. I will go with the Who song above