PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Perhaps its because we're a little bit Crap?

Well.......

Every other Avenue has been explored so is this the real reason? :)
Or perhaps its because we are PNE and we want to keep going going on the league games tally to make sure Notts County or any other side don't catch us.

Or other teams have sussed us and they better prepared than we are.

Agree in the main. Leeds, WBA and Brentford are decent with Fulham and Forest not too far behind.
The rest are distinctly average and not much to choose between 6th and 16th tbh.
The gulf between the Premier league and The Championship is massive.
We'd have our arses served on a plate if we ever got promoted.
Huddersfield managed to survive in the Prem and look how crap they are.

Agree in the main. Leeds, WBA and Brentford are decent with Fulham and Forest not too far behind.
The rest are distinctly average and not much to choose between 6th and 16th tbh.
The gulf between the Premier league and The Championship is massive.
We'd have our arses served on a plate if we ever got promoted.

I don't think it's a particularly strong era for the championship. We are demonstrably not all that good and that's been the case much of the season.

Given the budget we naturally have limited players and they've done well to hang on as long as they did. Lose a few percent and it's hard to compete.

Wrt the prem, there is some complete dross towards the bottom and no reason why decent well managed champ teams can't make a decent go of it.

I don't think it's a particularly strong era for the championship. We are demonstrably not all that good and that's been the case much of the season.

Given the budget we naturally have limited players and they've done well to hang on as long as they did. Lose a few percent and it's hard to compete.

Wrt the prem, there is some complete dross towards the bottom and no reason why decent well managed champ teams can't make a decent go of it.

Correct, huge opportunity lost, again.

I wish Sedds would do the same, although I understand he has to be careful what he says

Probably, but then he doesn't exactly get scoops from the club in return for being nice about them.

The LEP didn't even do a report into the the training ground until Blog Preston decided to.

Presumably they're aware of what's being said on social media as then, whats next, contacting individuals to tell them tone it down a bit?

Thank God for your positivity Ando. Sometimes, hope's the only thing we've got left as a PNE supporter.
Have you ever thought of taking up motivational speaking as a career?
Andos been told to keep working from home, apparently, they cant take all the positivity at his place of work :)

Andos been told to keep working from home, apparently, they cant take all the positivity at his place of work :)
I'd heard it's because they'd found there was a correlation with Ando being in work and an increase in the number of his colleagues being off with depression.

Of all the journalists writing about PNE Seddon should be the one asking all the pertinent questions.

The national press has only a passing interest in the club so I wouldn’t expect too much from them.

If the club don’t like what he has to say about them and decides not to talk to him he can do what all jurno’s do and report on the hear say.

Information will leak from the club anyway and he will get that info same as anyone else.

I suppose the club could ban him from Deepdale, being a fan maybe this is his fear?

Of all the journalists writing about PNE Seddon should be the one asking all the pertinent questions.

The national press has only a passing interest in the club so I wouldn’t expect too much from them.

If the club don’t like what he has to say about them and decides not to talk to him he can do what all jurno’s do and report on the hear say.

Information will leak from the club anyway and he will get that info same as anyone else.

I suppose the club could ban him from Deepdale, being a fan maybe this is his fear?

It's the way it is. When your job is to report on Preston North End you're going to be in a bit of hot water if you get banned from the ground!

There's a difference between reporting and journalism. Seddon, understandably, plays fairly safe when he ventures into the latter.

It's the way it is. When your job is to report on Preston North End you're going to be in a bit of hot water if you get banned from the ground!

There's a difference between reporting and journalism. Seddon, understandably, plays fairly safe when he ventures into the latter.
The LEP survives on whatever the club dripfeeds Sedds. Lose that feed by pushing them too far and he's out of a job. Don't blame him for not bring too critical.

Playing devil’s advocate you could put an argument though that if the LEP was continually writing negative stuff about the club (as long as it was truthful) it wouldn’t be good for the club.

When you consider the training ground, the fanzone, sale of best players and lack of replacing them there is enough there, if the media was pushing it that could cause even more despair and disolusionment amongst the fans.

All you ask is that the club is upfront with the fan base but I suppose if it was truthful about certain things it would hardly have any fan base.

The 3 outstanding teams are Leeds United, West Brom and Brentford. Hopefully they’ll be the 3 promoted. The rest are some way behind. We’ve done really well not to be involved in the relegation scrap. Whatever place we finish is not as important as finishing the season with some optimism for the next campaign.
Reasons to be cheerful:
Rudd has improved no end, and is no longer rooted to his line.
Bauer and Davies have looked as good a central defensive partnership as any.
Pearson, has controlled his stupid bookings without losing his tenacity and competitiveness.
DJ has cemented his place behind our striker and added goals
Barky has scored double figures of goals with assists also.
Hunts and Rafa as reserves have shown they can still do the business.
Browne has shown his versatility by playing right back, midfield with an eye for goal.
Sinclair has talent and is a threat with the right service