PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - PNE v Nottm' Forest - 11/07/20 - KO:15:00 - Championship

He rarely gets any power behind his shots, very rarely hits a clean strike. He then proceeds to fall over.

I think he always seems off balance before getting his shots off. It’s poor technique.

Like you I don’t doubt his effort, even his link up play is decent. But with the game time he’s had, to not score since 10th December (22 games!) is inexcusable.

He also hasn’t assisted since Blackburn at home in October.
In contrast to Ameobi who also looks off balance and awkward but can get a shot away.

He rarely gets any power behind his shots, very rarely hits a clean strike. He then proceeds to fall over.

I think he always seems off balance before getting his shots off. It’s poor technique.

Like you I don’t doubt his effort, even his link up play is decent. But with the game time he’s had, to not score since 10th December (22 games!) is inexcusable.

Also doesn't look up and pass when he should do.

The difference between him 2 seasons ago and now is astonishing, remember his solo goal against Bristol City?

Also doesn't look up and pass when he should do.

The difference between him 2 seasons ago and now is astonishing, remember his solo goal against Bristol City?
Good goal that one and secured a 2-1 win. Also scored it just after Bristol equalised. He look a prospect at that point.

Erm, Derby at home.

Started the move v Leeds away in our TEAM goal of the season.

Yes, he should be scoring more but lets not totally cloud the picture with half truths.

Erm, Derby at home.

Yes, he should be scoring more but lets not totally cloud the picture with half truths.
But JD, we didn’t score at derby at home so he didn’t get an assist in that game, and Barky got the assist for Leeds, so kbds statement about not assisting his correct. It’s not a half truth it’s a full one

But JD, we didn’t score at derby at home so he didn’t get an assist in that game, and Barky got the assist for Leeds, so kbds statement about not assisting his correct. It’s not a half truth it’s a full one
Cardiff!

Why did I write Derby?

FFS!

End of the day, like it or not, he is our most mobile striker that we have and AN, the main man, trusts him.

He didn’t get an assist in either of those games though.
I meant Cardiif, not Derby (don't ask me why I typed Derby) and he started the TEAM goal, the empathise being on the word TEAM.

I totally understand though why he is now a marmite figure amongst fans.

Cardiff!

Why did I write Derby?

FFS!

End of the day, like it or not, he is our most mobile striker that we have and AN, the main man, trusts him.
Ok, and I am being pedantic, but I don’t think he gets the assist for Cardiff either, Browne had a shot which ricocheted to Johnson.

I thought he played well yesterday and his close control was much better than previously seen. Stayed on his feet more

Ok, and I am being pedantic, but I don’t think he gets the assist for Cardiff either, Browne had a shot which ricocheted to Johnson.

I thought he played well yesterday and his close control was much better than previously seen. Stayed on his feet more
I got 2 assists for De Bruyne yesterday even though he set up the main assister. Telegraph Rules I suppose that I use.

Maybe the telegraph just felt sorry for your fantasy team and wanted to help you out?
4th last season.

Dropped to 5th overnight but I have players playing today. I do ok on it.

This is in a Private League.

It’s really frustrating right now but I think the team and the manager deserve some real credit. We are always quick to criticise so I think we should acknowledge that. Well that’s my view.

The team defensively are looking pretty solid. Storey has been brilliant and is a big part of that. Hughes had a decent game yesterday too and that’s been hard for me to say lately.

The mix of midfielders and forwards we have seen over the last few games have created lots of chances and looked dangerous. Had just a handful of those chances gone in, we could have been four points better off and in 6th by two clear points.

There is a Such fine margin between where we are now and where we could be.

I don’t feel positive about where we are - but I’m positive that’s it’s not quite over yet. COYW.

It’s really frustrating right now but I think the team and the manager deserve some real credit. We are always quick to criticise so I think we should acknowledge that. Well that’s my view.

The team defensively are looking pretty solid. Storey has been brilliant and is a big part of that. Hughes had a decent game yesterday too and that’s been hard for me to say lately.

The mix of midfielders and forwards we have seen over the last few games have created lots of chances and looked dangerous. Had just a handful of those chances gone in, we could have been four points better off and in 6th by two clear points.

There is a Such fine margin between where we are now and where we could be.

I don’t feel positive about where we are - but I’m positive that’s it’s not quite over yet. COYW.

Bar the goal when more than one player was at fault, I thought Hughes was good against Wednesday too.

I think the stick he gets is well over the top, Neil clearly rates him.

He was very good in his first season, most people were saying we didn't miss Cunningham because of him.

The frustration is the fact that we have gotten ourselves so close, its plain to see this side is a decent striker short of being a play off certainty! The fact that the owner prefers to balance his books rather than take a punt and invest a little speaks volumes, every single person who follows the club will realise for pne these opportunities dont come along often, to sit back and do nothing is just soul destroying and proves this club while owned by Mr Hemmings has absklutely NO aspirations towards the Premier league !!!!

Erm, Derby at home.

I presume you’re referring to Cardiff. He didn’t get an assist, but he was part of the move.

I like some of his movement and his work rate, but nobody can seriously argue that he is contributing anywhere near enough.

He is better off the bench in my opinion but our failure to recruit a single mobile striker in over 2 years has led to him having to be used over and over again by AN even though he can’t score.