PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - PNE v Nottm' Forest - 11/07/20 - KO:15:00 - Championship

Also doesn't look up and pass when he should do.

The difference between him 2 seasons ago and now is astonishing, remember his solo goal against Bristol City?

He’s lost his pace since then. It was a big part of why he was so effective, but now it’s gone.

Slowly but surely his confidence has gone too as a result of that.

So my thoughts are that we have played so much better these past two games and for me thats all i want, effort, if they try and lose its better than a lame performance.
I fear we will miss out on the playoffs by about 3/4 points which is infuriating as we have pissed points away over the season which could have been so valuable now. But if they try their best and put in a shift at least it softens the disappointment.
Agree with what you are saying and what is really frustrating and infuriating is that those 3 or 4 points you say we will probably miss out on a top 6 finish by. We could quite easily have picked up since the season restarted if we had shown the same effort, commitment and attacking endeavour as we have in the last two games. 🤔

Bar the goal when more than one player was at fault, I thought Hughes was good against Wednesday too.

I think the stick he gets is well over the top, Neil clearly rates him.

He was very good in his first season, most people were saying we didn't miss Cunningham because of him.
Yes he did much better than of late for me. Most players get stick from groups of posters on here at some point.

I think the only player who generally doesn’t get much/any stick is DJ, probably because he’s our best player (I think) and gets closer to his potential than anyone else in my opinion.

I do think we judge player abilities based on Premiership level and that can be harsh. We often forget it’s the Championship and - generally - players don’t have that quality or consistency.

So my thoughts are that we have played so much better these past two games and for me thats all i want, effort, if they try and lose its better than a lame performance.
I fear we will miss out on the playoffs by about 3/4 points which is infuriating as we have pissed points away over the season which could have been so valuable now. But if they try their best and put in a shift at least it softens the disappointment.
Totally agree
You can cope a lot easier knowing the lads have put in a shift
No fan should have to be subjected to the Huddersfield game

Yes he did much better than of late for me. Most players get stick from groups of posters on here at some point.

I think the only player who generally doesn’t get much/any stick is DJ, probably because he’s our best player (I think) and gets closer to his potential than anyone else in my opinion.

I do think we judge player abilities based on Premiership level and that can be harsh. We often forget it’s the Championship and - generally - players don’t have that quality or consistency.

He's had his fair share in the past to be honest.

Personally I like Andrew Hughes; he's nowhere near as big a liability as some on 'ere would make out and he's left 110% on the pitch after every game (y)

Last edited:
Updated sunday
Preston NE 1-1 Notts For
Full Time

Last Night
Huddersfield 0-2 Luton
Fulham 2-0 Cardiff

Today
Charlton 0-1 Reading
Derby 1-3 Brentford
Barnsley 0-0 Wigan (R)
Blackburn 1-1 West Brom
Hull 0-1 Millwall
Middlesbrough 1-3 Bristol C
Preston 1-1 Notts for
QPR 0-3 Sheff Wed

Sunday
Stoke 2-0 Birmingham
Swansea 0-1 Leeds

Table
1 Leeds 43 69:34 - 84 - Barnsley (H) - Derby (A) - Charlton (H)
2 West Brom 43 74:41 - 81 - Fulham (H) - Huddersfield (A) - QPR (H)
-------------------------------
3 Brentford 43 78:35 - 78 - Preston (H) - Stoke (A) - Barnsley (H)
4 Fulham 43 58:44 - 76 - West Brom (A) - Sheff Wed (H) - Wigan (A)
5 Notts For 43 55:43 - 69 - Swansea (H) - Barnsley (A) - Stoke (H)
6 Cardiff 43 60:56 - 64 - Derby (H) - Middlesbrough (A) - Hull (H)
-----------------------------
7 Swansea 43 55:50 - 63 - Notts For (H) - Bristol C (H) - Reading (A)
8 Preston 43 56:52 - 62 - Brentford (A) - Birmingham (H) - Bristol C (A)
9 Millwall 43 49:46 - 62 - Blackburn (H) - QPR (A) - Huddersfield (H)
10 Derby 43 57:58 - 61 - Cardiff (A) - Leeds (H) - Birmingham (A)
11 Bristol City 43 58:62 - 61 - Stoke (H) - Swansea (A) - Preston (H)
12 Blackburn 43 60:56 - 60 - Millwall (A) - Reading (H) - Luton (A)

Key - Playoffs Top 2

Last edited:
It’s really simple to me
If we have any designs whatsoever of getting that elusive sixth spot then don’t play Maguire or Nugent again
They’ve both had too many chances and we are not in a position any longer where patience and frankly hope are going to spring eternal

It’s really simple to me
If we have any designs whatsoever of getting that elusive sixth spot then don’t play Maguire or Nugent again
They’ve both had too many chances and we are not in a position any longer where patience and frankly hope are going to spring eternal

I don't think you'll get your way, sir. The boss sees him making a contribution to proceedings so, as we have no control over team selection, we're lumbered. I agree with you regarding the amount of time he spends on the floor and, therefore, out of the game until he gets up again.

DJ does get stick at times, not so long ago people were offering to drive him to Wigan, although I rate him highly when he's on it.

I've given him plenty. He's stepped up this season, though he's still not as good as people seem to think.

And he’s better than others give him credit for.

Seemed to lose his confidence in front of goal for a year or two.

Still only 27 and I reckon there’s more to come from him, especially if he can get close to Stockley.

DJ could play in the Premier League, in the right team, i'm very confident about that.

I'd say he's our second best player after Pearson.

And he’s better than others give him credit for.

Seemed to lose his confidence in front of goal for a year or two.

Still only 27 and I reckon there’s more to come from him, especially if he can get close to Stockley.

I hope so. Think he's a flat track bully at this level who goes missing against the better teams. Hard worker though, which he doesn't get enough credit for.

I hope so. Think he's a flat track bully at this level who goes missing against the better teams. Hard worker though, which he doesn't get enough credit for.

Fair comments.

I‘m convinced he has more in him.

If it helps your confidence DJ, I’d pick you first over Pearo any day of the week!