PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Old PNE Songs

Ando60

Hat Trick Hero
Patron
It’s funny what pops into your head sometimes.....

ive currently got a couple of old PNE songs going through my head that we used to sing back in the 1970’s...

who else remembers them ?

“ Join the navy to see the world , what do you see, PNE ...... repeat “

also, “ The whites are coming up the hill boys, the whites are coming up the hill boys, they all laugh at us , they all mock us , they
all say are days are through - Born to be a white, born to be a white..... “

What other favourite songs do people remember ?

"You're gonna get your fucking heads kicked in."

Followed up by...

"Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough."

Followed up by...

"You're going home in a St John's Ambulance."

You had to have been there on the Kop early to late 80s.

More from the 80s Kop...

"We are the right side, we are the right side, we are the right side Fulwood End."

The reply was...

"We are the left side, we are the left side, we are the left side Fulwood End" followed by a playful British Bulldogs type charge into each other.

I usually stood to the right although we sometimes went over to the left.

Gossing out of the stand onto people queuing up outside or stood in the bogs below through the wooden floorboards was another early teenaged yeared past time.

Ando as a kid going on in the 70s, I remember the PNE song that was done to the 'I am the music man tune'. The line pia pia piano become pn pn pne.
but cant remember the other lyrics.

There was a long winded song sung by one person, repeated by hundreds (each line) that went something like "Allewetter, sweaty allewetter". Forgive my spelling as I didn't have a scooby what they were singing about, I just joined in.

There was a long winded song sung by one person, repeated by hundreds (each line) that went something like "Allewetter, sweaty allewetter". Forgive my spelling as I didn't have a scooby what they were singing about, I just joined in.
It was Alouetta ( a French woman’s name apparently ) and always great to sing on the train on away trips .....

it started with “ how I love your tatty head , how I love your tatty head and then went all the way down her body.....

big blue eyes, double chin, big fat boobs, belly, etc etc .......

It went on for about 20 minutes !!!

More from the 80s Kop...

"We are the right side, we are the right side, we are the right side Fulwood End."

The reply was...

"We are the left side, we are the left side, we are the left side Fulwood End" followed by a playful British Bulldogs type charge into each other.

I usually stood to the right although we sometimes went over to the left.

Gossing out of the stand onto people queuing up outside or stood in the bogs below through the wooden floorboards was another early teenaged yeared past time.

and chucking the meat pies full of hot liquid gelatine at unsuspecting punters - usually when away fans were next to us on the kop. 😱

To the tune of Margie.

Alex, we’re always thinking of you, Alex, we’ll tell the world that you belong to Preston North End FC, Scotland need you and so do we, Alex you are our inspiration we will never part, after all is said and done there is really only one and Alex Dawson that’s you.

“West Stand West Stand give us a song”!

And the all time classic - “Johnny Becks’ Super White Army” followed by “Sam Ellis’ Tangerine Bastards”

Always remember standing on the terracing of the old West Stand & looking behind me to see North End fans singing this. Not forgetting that you stood up whilst singing the Johnny Beck bit, then sat down whilst the other half stood up singing the Sam Ellis bit, they sat down repeat, repeat......

Was taken to another level when the craze of inflatables was in its height. Never thought I’d see a fully grown adult with an inflatable gorilla held up over his head sing “Johnny Becks Super White Army”.

“West Stand West Stand give us a song”!

And the all time classic - “Johnny Becks’ Super White Army” followed by “Sam Ellis’ Tangerine Bastards”

Always remember standing on the terracing of the old West Stand & looking behind me to see North End fans singing this. Not forgetting that you stood up whilst singing the Johnny Beck bit, then sat down whilst the other half stood up singing the Sam Ellis bit, they sat down repeat, repeat......

Was taken to another level when the craze of inflatables was in its height. Never thought I’d see a fully grown adult with an inflatable gorilla held up over his head sing “Johnny Becks Super White Army”.

Yep, the feeling and atmosphere under Big JM was great. Listen to the noise from a couple of thousand at Hartlepool in an open end. It’s a shit recording and it was blowing a gale that night, yet it still comes over.

It was Alouetta ( a French woman’s name apparently ) and always great to sing on the train on away trips .....

it started with “ how I love your tatty head , how I love your tatty head and then went all the way down her body.....

big blue eyes, double chin, big fat boobs, belly, etc etc .......

It went on for about 20 minutes !!!
No need to be so harsh on yourself Ando.

Yep, the feeling and atmosphere under Big JM was great. Listen to the noise from a couple of thousand at Hartlepool in an open end. It’s a shit recording and it was blowing a gale that night, yet it still comes over.

Magnificent.