PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Our new bargain basement striker

Always interesting to read back through old threads and remember what you said back then!

Always interesting to read back through old threads and remember what you said back then!

Thank God that utter bellsniff was banned for good.

So glad we didn’t re sign Nmecha, I thought he was awful. His attitude stank. His work rate was terrible. Yes he had some skill but seemed loathe to head the ball or try to win a tackle. He may improve with the right manager as there is a player in there but don’t hold your breath.

I refer to them as "powder puff".

Never got stuck in or used his physical ability.

So glad we didn’t re sign Nmecha, I thought he was awful. His attitude stank. His work rate was terrible. Yes he had some skill but seemed loathe to head the ball or try to win a tackle. He may improve with the right manager as there is a player in there but don’t hold your breath.

His attitude was so bad that Alex Neil used him in 41 Championship games when he was 19.

His attitude was so bad that Alex Neil used him in 41 Championship games when he was 19.
Great talent, don't know if it was bad attitude so much as he wasn't determined enough. You'd think Pep would sort that out. If Alex thinks he can bring out the best in him worth a shot.

Great talent, don't know if it was bad attitude so much as he wasn't determined enough. You'd think Pep would sort that out. If Alex thinks he can bring out the best in him worth a shot.
Definitely. Guardiola isn’t the type to suffer fools. Don’t forget he’s the man that kicked Ronaldinho out of Barca because of the effect he was having on the youth team

Get him and Hugill back. Alex will get them working their backsides off in training.
I know some folks don't like to bring former players back but I have no problem if they have the ability.

awful post. You could fairly criticise his ability or effectiveness but he was anything but lazy. Ran his socks off and tracked back well. A bad season abroad and at a woeful boro don't paint a fair picture of the lad. Far better than Nugent, Maguire, Moult or Stockley anyway.

I know Chris Martin has been mentioned on here. Look at the description. Scores goals but also lays assists and links play. I know there's an issue with wages, but TH seems willing to pay if there's no transfer fee (Nugent, Sinclair)

Exactly, some pathetic shit posted on these past few pages.

Look at our entire squad, what were they doing at 19?

Had a bad year in terms of playing time but a Bundesliga club and another Champ team took him on loan.

Of our current Strikeforce:

Stockley was on loan at Woking having failed to impress at Accrington Stanley
Moult went out on loan 4 times, to Alfreton, Mansfield (twice) and Alfreton Town
Maguire managed 1 goal in 18 games for Sligo Rovers
Even Nugent, who was an early bloomer managed 3 in 26 for Bury in division 3.

Outrageous the stick Nmecha is getting given where he is at his age

If Alex thinks he can bring out the best in him worth a shot.

Well he didn’t last time. :D (And we may well find out there was a reason he played in 41 games for us, which wasn’t all about football.)

And neither has Pep, otherwise he might be making some sort of use of him, rather than farming him out on loan.

Nor did the guy at Wolfsburg, Woodgate, or Warnock.

He has a bit of pace but for a big lad, his lack of physical presence was the only thing frightening about him.

No problem with people disagreeing - it’s good to have a debate (even about a player we probably won’t go near again with a barge pole). :D

The stats don’t tell the full story but if anyone is interested here they are (be warned, they’re pretty awful) :

I’d rather give O’Reilly or Walker the game time. Not sure they could do any worse than those figures and they’re also OUR players. Come to think of it, Graham Burke couldn’t do worse than those figures..! :D

Good luck to Nmecha, but the biggest talent he’s got is his agent. :|

Next.