PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Neil Out?

Neil Out?

• Yes

Votes: 107 40.2%
  • No

Votes: 96 36.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 63 23.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wasn’t posting any information there, just stating the obvious?

He didn’t turn down WBA or Stoke because they have bigger budget than us. It was for other reasons. The same would apply to Bristol City.

I don’t have any backtracking to do anyway because I’ve never said he’s going to join Bristol City. All I know is that PNE would be happy to cash in on him and whilst Bristol City have an interest I do not know how firm it is.
Rubbish !

He didn’t turn down WBA or Stoke because of their budgets, compared to us. It was for other reasons. The same would apply to Bristol City.

I don’t have any backtracking to do anyway because I’ve never said he’s going to join Bristol City. All I know is that PNE would be happy to cash in on him and whilst Bristol City have an interest I do not know how firm it is.
Serious question, How do you know this? I am sure no one at a high level has said this, because that would not put Neil in a good place. How could Neil take the club seriously if he knew they wanted to cash in on him?

Chipbarn & Kbd do you work for the club ?
Just curious because you seem very supportive of the management & anti TH .
I have been very critical myself of TH in the past but what he has done for the players paying full wages & keeping the club going with his monthly share issues in these exceptional times since lockdown.
Keep seeing post saying AN is going to this super club Bristol c who we have finished above 4 out of the last 5 seasons.
Finishing above Derby c with 90,000 a week Rooney & possible points dedution. Sheff W another well run club 12 points.
Rovers I can't remember when we last lost to them or even finished below them in the league even though they spent 16 million on strikers over the last 3 seasons not to mention most championship clubs deferd players wages do I need to go on.
The time now is to back the club give them some credit stop the negative post
All clubs in the championship will be living on the same sky money this season also similar gate receipts because of reduced numbers but we have one of the lowest budgets which is going to even things up this season giving these so called big clubs a very difficult time with FFP
Hopefully with 2 or 3 signings & hopefully some of the stickers start hiting the back of the net or we find a Saville Thomas, Garner Macken or David Nugent.
I also hope we keep AN but if he dicides move on for money like Grayson did 2 million will do very Nicely.
We as a club are doing brilliant not so many years ago we were looking up with envy at all our local rivals not any more except for the Clarets .
Let's start been positive for the coming season & let's remember most clubs won't be throwing money about with the losses they must of made with lockdown.
Sorry about the spelling & punctuation in advance but this negativity can carry on.

Hopefully with 2 or 3 signings & hopefully some of the stickers start hiting the back of the net or we find a Saville Thomas, Garner Macken or David Nugent.

We're all hopeful of this but when does it ever actually happen ?

We all want better strikers bringing in and have done for years, but it is never addressed, so I don't think it's fair to call fans 'negative' on this issue when all they're doing is commenting on the reality of it.

We all knew last summer our strikers weren't good enough but we didn't address it in either summer or January. As I said I'm hopeful of this changing but there's no evidence/history to suggest it will.

As for who we did and didn't finish above there's no awards or medals for finishing above Blackburn or other teams. Huddersfield finished 19th the season before they went up. What's important is attempting/gearing up to achieve something tangible and reach the play-offs. Whilst creditable on a small budget, mid-table every season will get us nowhere in the long-term.

Money doesn't guarantee a good striker looking back all of our best strikers have been cheap.
Relegated clubs from the premier league have a massive advantage over the rest of us.
We keep signing strikers let's hope one will get us 15 goals. Danny Graham would I am sure he is still knows we're the net is & most rovers fans are bothered you never no he could be our equivalent to Burnley's GA when we thought he was finished.

I think you've mistaken some of the clunkingly unfunny sarcasm that's been emanating from a few AN ultras for ITK postings.

My take on attitudes towards ITK posters on this site is that they're more than welcome when breaking bits of incoming transfer news because that's what people want to hear.

But when it's stuff people don't necessarily want to hear, like the manager's future being a bit uncertain, or complications behind the scenes, or a player leaving, then they clearly aren't as welcome, as shown on this thread.

Imho we should welcome any bits of info folk hear because it's not like our local media keep us particularly well-informed. Ultimately we won't always hear what we want to hear.

I don't really know what's going on but my take on the managerial situation is that I'd rather Neil stayed, but it does feel eerily similar at the moment to the couple of weeks before Simon Grayson left. It feels as if the club are waiting for a change to happening.

Money doesn't guarantee a good striker looking back all of our best strikers have been cheap.
Relegated clubs from the premier league have a massive advantage over the rest of us.
We keep signing strikers let's hope one will get us 15 goals. Danny Graham would I am sure he is still knows we're the net is & most rovers fans are bothered you never no he could be our equivalent to Burnley's GA when we thought he was finished.

All of our best strikers have been cheap because every striker in our history has been 'cheap'. Money doesn't guarantee success at this level but you can almost guarantee to not be in the top 6 with a set of strikers like ours.

We've signed 1 striker in the last 18 months and it was Nugent on a free. We need to be doing much, much more than that.

As for Graham, as I said on the other thread he would just be another Nugent.

All of our best strikers have been cheap because every striker in our history has been 'cheap'. Money doesn't guarantee success at this level but you can almost guarantee to not be in the top 6 with a set of strikers like ours.

We've signed 1 striker in the last 18 months and it was Nugent on a free. We need to be doing much, much more than that.

As for Graham, as I said on the other thread he would just be another Nugent.
Incorrect, you should look things up to make sure they are actually factual rather than guess and state something totally wrong.

My take on attitudes towards ITK posters on this site is that they're more than welcome when breaking bits of incoming transfer news because that's what people want to hear.

But when it's stuff people don't necessarily want to hear, like the manager's future being a bit uncertain, or complications behind the scenes, or a player leaving, then they clearly aren't as welcome, as shown on this thread.

Imho we should welcome any bits of info folk hear because it's not like our local media keep us particularly well-informed. Ultimately we won't always hear what we want to hear.

I don't really know what's going on but my take on the managerial situation is that I'd rather Neil stayed, but it does feel eerily similar at the moment to the couple of weeks before Simon Grayson left. It feels as if the club are waiting for a change to happening.
Yep - when people attack ITK posters, all they're likely to do is drive them away and make them stop posting here.

And without ITK posters, this forum would be about as informative as the #pnefc hashtag on Twitter.

Yep - when people attack ITK posters, all they're likely to do is drive them away and make them stop posting here.

And without ITK posters, this forum would be about as informative as the #pnefc hashtag on Twitter.
Exactly...if you have any sort of memory recall it’s not difficult to see the posters who have got very good snippets long before the club announces it.

Excellent post this

The thing is if we were a Premier league club it would be back page stuff anyway

I've no reason to doubt KBD or Chip Barm based on the info they've given over the years.
Yet, for me, this is nothing but conjecture.

He didn’t turn down WBA or Stoke because of their budgets, compared to us. It was for other reasons. The same would apply to Bristol City.

of course they are.

Like I can say with equal ITK ability that Neil is going nowhere ;)
Well, no - the post you quoted starts with "I wasn’t posting any information there, just stating the obvious?"

It makes no sense for you to then complain the post contains conjecture.

You did the same earlier in the thread with a post that started "Way I see it,..."

Conjecture is allowed; ITK posters are not news services.

With some of the names that have been linked appointing Holden would seem very strange indeed.
Maybe the financial impacts of Covid involved here? Hughton attracts a large salary and wants backing in the transfer market, Neil is well paid at this level and the compensation rumoured to be £3 million.

Bristol City may therefore feel that a cheaper appointment of someone who already knows the club and players, gives them more funds to use on their playing squad.