PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Old PNE Songs

He’s got a tea towel on his head
He’s got a tea towel on his head.

I remember the day that we got relegated at Bolton ( 1993 ish ) and we took about 3,000 fans even though they were only expecting about 1500 at the most...

As we arrived in our coaches everyone was piling off with their flat caps on and the one song that was ringing out loud and clear was :

" Yellows, Yellow Yellows, Yellow yellows, yellow yellows , etc etc to the tune " No , No , no no no no, no no no no, no no no no, there's no limits !!!!! "

My all time favourite, and a one-hit wonder...

"Your Dad's a cunt, and so are you..."

Closely followed by the Town End singing at a rather portly Swindon (?) defender:

"There's only one Neil Ruddock,
One Neil Ruddock.
With a packet of sweets,
And a cheeky smile,
Ruddock is a.... etc etc"

Sang at Turd Moor in the dark days and probably no more than 3,500 on....To the tune of "I only want to be with you" by the Tourists...."Now u,v started something so cant you see.. there,s never been a team like the PNE... its crazy but its true...were guna win division 2!!!! Defo sung amongst our mob so claiming that one 😄

Sang at Turd Moor in the dark days and probably no more than 3,500 on....To the tune of "I only want to be with you" by the Tourists...."Now u,v started something so cant you see.. there,s never been a team like the PNE... its crazy but its true...were guna win division 2!!!! Defo sung amongst our mob so claiming that one 😄
I remember me brother bangin that one out!! I didnt, I were only about 9!

In Dublin’s fair city, where the girls are so pretty....
....through streets broad and narrow, crying .........PRESTON!

My all time favourite, and a one-hit wonder...

"Your Dad's a cunt, and so are you..."

Among my all time most embarrassing And cringeworthy songs
Along with ” insert famous player / manager Name “ you’re a wanker. Youre a wanker
and “ insert PNE Manager name” give us a wave

But , different tastes and all that.

great one. but I always thought it was

she wore a yellow ribbon
she wore a yellow ribbon
and she wore it for those PReston Boys far far away

far away
far away
she wore it for those Preston boys far far away.
You may well be right. It’s over 40 years since I heard it!!! Great song though that was loud if I remember.

Among my all time most embarrassing And cringeworthy songs
Along with ” insert famous player / manager Name “ you’re a wanker. Youre a wanker
and “ insert PNE Manager name” give us a wave

But , different tastes and all that.
On the way to Cardiff, Bolton Playoff final, the train stopped within sight of St Andrews. A load of fans opened the window and sang that song at Trevor Francis.

Not one I can remember us singing but had it sung to us, to the tune of Tom Hark:

“Preston sing, we don’t know why, cos after the match you’re gonna die“. Charming!🤣

Not one I can remember us singing but had it sung to us, to the tune of Tom Hark:

“Preston sing, we don’t know why, cos after the match you’re gonna die“. Charming!🤣
Bolton away walking back to the train station about 1980 ish

Bolton fans on one side of the road and Preston fans on the other as we walked back to the train station - Police separating us down the middle of the road....

it didn’t stop a very large brick being flung over and hitting me on the leg.......

Bolton away walking back to the train station about 1980 ish

Bolton fans on one side of the road and Preston fans on the other as we walked back to the train station - Police separating us down the middle of the road....

it didn’t stop a very large brick being flung over and hitting me on the leg.......

Those were the days eh Ando?! 🙄🤣