PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Old PNE Songs

One that I don’t think that anyone has mentioned yet from the 1970’s , was the very well thought out :

“ You’re gonna get your f***ing heads kicked in ! “

or “ We’ll see you all outside , we’ll see you all outside , we’ll see you all , we’ll see you all outside “ ( to the tune of those were the days my friend )

Sometimes accompanied by ‘You’re going home in a St John’s ambulance’ to the same tune.

Used to remember a song on Kop in the early eighties about winger/striker Willie Naughton ...bit rude when it got boring during games

"Dont bend down when Naughtons around
You might get a tiny willie up your a*se
God Willie Naughton your a t@sser
Couldnt hit the ball if it hit you in the nosser"

There was also a song about Paul MGee around that time?

"Ohh Its A Corner" was another song to relieve the sh*t we had to watch

Apologies if already done but a fav in the 70s was " who,s your father who,s your father who,s your father referee" "haven't got one you never had one YOUR A BASTARD REFEREE!

That was still going in the early nineties. I know because my Dad got a bollocking off my Mum when I was singing it in bed a 6 or 7 year old in the early nineties after a night game at Deepdale 😂

We still do it now but not as good or loud as it used to be, but 'come on you whiiitttteeessss' when we get a corner at the Town End in the second half chasing a game sticks out as a memory.

The sad song of course was " you're gonna get what a Tranmere linesman got" I ws at that game and he got a brick lobbed at his head, must have been about 1972? correct me.

I was there too, it was a Friday night game was certainly later than 72, possibly late 70’s it was a dreadful night for all that was wrong with football.

I was there too, it was a Friday night game was certainly later than 72, possibly late 70’s it was a dreadful night for all that was wrong with football.
I'm pretty certain it was the 1977/78 promotion season.

Apologies if already done but a fav in the 70s was " who,s your father who,s your father who,s your father referee" "haven't got one you never had one YOUR A BASTARD REFEREE!
That was quite a popular one in the 80’s

I reckon it was 1977 ish..... I was there Friday night..
It was the 77/78 season when we won promotion, was a Friday night January 78.
We lost 1-0,the crowd was swelled by a huge North End following who filled the open away end and the paddock on the right hand side. That is were the bottle or can was thrown from hit the linesman on the back of the head and knocked him out.
I think he had flagged for a dubious penalty decision, but not sure on that was a while ago. 🤔

Tommy Johnson I shagged your sister

And your mum.