PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Euxton Training Ground

Weren't the old Pontins head offices near there? Wouldn't surprise me if he owns a lot of the surrounding land
He does own a lot of land around there, always has. I think it’s where he is from.

At least someone on this thread knows what he is talking about, an extremely rare occurrence on this forum. Possibly unique!
He made his first lot of money building a row of houses on Charnock St in Leyland. He was a builder and they were done to such a high standard there was massive demand and it snowballed from there.

He made his first lot of money building a row of houses on Charnock St in Leyland. He was a builder and they were done to such a high standard there was massive demand and it snowballed from there.

And yet he tries to do things on the cheap now. Even with some of the best craftsmen available he's providing shite materials and expecting miracles.

At least someone on this thread knows what he is talking about, an extremely rare occurrence on this forum. Possibly unique!
Not really that clever - just go on Wikipedia and it tells you all that......

Preston are thought to be keen to buy Wigan Athletic's Euxton's training base.

The Championship club has been linked with the Euxton site before - with sources hosing down the link elsewhere.

But it is understood representatives from North End visited the site today, inviting speculation the venue may be sold.

If Euxton is sold, Latics still have their facility at Christopher Park, which is currently used by younger players.

Their first team also trained there until the club bought Euxton from Bolton Wanderers, for around £2.2m, four years ago.

Administrators in charge of Latics have been selling their biggest assets to keep the club running and to reduce their debt. So far, those assets have been the crown jewels from the first-team squad.

A club exiting administration must clear all footballing creditors' debts, which was listed at £6m before activity late last-week.

And of the non-footballing creditors' debts (£4m), a quarter - so around £1m - needs to be paid to avoid a 15 point penalty. Administrators' fees and legal fees, likely to be seven-figure, will also need to be cleared.

Preston were approached for comment.

Reducing his pool of horses from 75 ish to 25 ish in the September sales. Should raise several hundred thousand and save a fortune on training fees etc

Would make sense given it's standard compared to Springies and the proximity to players living in and around Buckshaw.

Just hope it isn't funded from the transfer kitty.

And it would be a far cheaper solution for Hemmings than building Ingol from scratch (like that was ever going to happen anyway).

If true there are still some questions to be answered. Will the planned Springfields upgrades still go ahead ? Will the youth team move there ? What will happen to the ownership of the land at Ingol which the club paid £1.5m for ?

I am likely moving house from Buckshaw to Fulwood/Broughton/Lightfoot Lane - irony being if PNE moved to the Euxton site I'd be going in the opposite direction!
We're in Leyland but were looking at the Charles Church development on Lightfoot Lane. I must say though this whole local lock down has made us rethink, do these peasants north of the river even live in sanitary conditions? 😂👀

I am likely moving house from Buckshaw to Fulwood/Broughton/Lightfoot Lane - irony being if PNE moved to the Euxton site I'd be going in the opposite direction!
We're in Leyland but were looking at the Charles Church development on Lightfoot Lane. I must say though this whole local lock down has made us rethink, do these peasants north of the river even live in sanitary conditions? 😂👀
Fuck off, don’t bring your South Ribble genes round my ends.

Just prefer the more rural feel of the North side of the Ribble. I've always been South Ribble since birth, Penwortham and Buckshaw. Some really good developments. Currently waiting a buyer for ours though, bloody nightmare, it is in great condition but keep getting timewasters.