PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

2020/21 Kit

Its not a trick of the light, the shorts and socks are a different blue to the shirts, so that kit has 3 different shades of blue going on! Who on earth at the club signed off on that, looks totally shit and cheap. Its a poor do when they can't even get a basic template kit right.

Its not a trick of the light, the shorts and socks are a different blue to the shirts, so that kit has 3 different shades of blue going on! Who on earth at the club signed off on that, looks totally shit and cheap. Its a poor do when they can't even get a basic template kit right.
PR: "We are supplied with exactly the same stock from Nike and it is the same quality as supplied to Premier League clubs. We work with Just-Sport and Nike to select exactly which kit design that we want for our first team playing kit and training wear and Nike supply this each season to our agreed specification."

šŸ¤Ø

I thought it was a trick of the light but you are right.

There are three different variation of blue in the kit.

Surely the shorts and socks should match the light blue on the shirt sleeves?

1598365501607.png

plus Norwich, Forest, Bournemouth, Rotherham etc. In fact about half the away games!

Why can't we wear the first kit against all of those clubs? Where's the clash? Rotherham was once deemed a 'clash' as they have white sleeves but now our shirts have blue sleeves, there's no issue.

Why can't we wear the first kit against all of those clubs? Where's the clash? Rotherham was once deemed a 'clash' as they have white sleeves but now our shirts have blue sleeves, there's no issue.
Itā€™s a ā€œhomeā€ kit. Not a ā€œfirstā€ kit. Clue is in the name. Things have changed since the 50ā€™s sorry.

Is it not a case of slightly different material and that fact that it's drenched?

I did think that initially but when you look at the photos on the release date it looks the same.

I think the shirts smart but the colors need sorting.

Isn't it always the ref's decision? A ref once ordered a change of strip because only the socks clashed.

I thought it was a trick of the light but you are right.

There are three different variation of blue in the kit.

Surely the shorts and socks should match the light blue on the shirt sleeves?

View attachment 1435
In my day, we'd have been called a Cissy for wearing anything under our tops, and a big girls blouse for pulling socks up above our knees.

Also doesn't look right wearing white under armours with that kit. Whatever happened to long sleeved shirts?

I agree. I assume that for League games, they'll have to wear undershirts that match the sleeves. I'm pretty sure that's the rule.