PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Season Card 20/21 Details (Confirmed) - Latest Club Update Refund Options 24/09(Page 99)

Are you buying a Season Ticket?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ive just had good information that the club has absolutely no intention of backing down on this.

edit, just seen the above.

confirmed.
Well, that seems fairly obvious from Risdale’s update on the official forum posted about 40 minutes ago..

When he justifies the no refund policy , he starts quoting Bolton, Wigan and Charlton and says that we don’t want to end up like those clubs..

As I was reading Peter's message of hope, I felt like it was a government directive with Cummings at the helm. Sad Peter, you have definitely got this one wrong, where is your compassion? understanding of how families are suffering too, without having £10m to bail them out. How could you possibly increase the kids tickets and the disabled too? In these times of hardship people look for support from the people they have financially supported for years, we didn't buy the club, Mister Hemmings knew the implications when he made the decision to become the owner. Stop looking like one of Boris Johnson's men and think about it more clearly. It needs more work with a better understanding of your customers plight. Governments do U turns you know.

"Without his continued support there will be no football club".

Yes there would. If the likes of Accrington, and Morecambe can survive as League clubs without the support of a major benefactor, PNE certainly could. Maybe not at this level but to be completely honest, at this moment, I'd rather PNE be a League 2 club under decent ownership - maybe a supporters' trust - than beholden to a billionaire who treats the fans with contempt and being constantly told how grateful we should be for his support.

"Without his continued support there will be no football club".

Yes there would. If the likes of Accrington, and Morecambe can survive as League clubs without the support of a major benefactor, PNE certainly could. Maybe not at this level but to be completely honest, at the moment, I'd rather PNE be a League 2 club under decent ownership - maybe a supporters' trust - than beholden to a billionaire who treats the fans with contempt and being constantly told how grateful we should be for his support.

He is starting to sound like Derek Shaw.

Scared to challenge his boss and making himself look unempahtic to the people who without there would be no football club.

I have always had a lot of time for Peter and felt he is often forced into impossible positions by his boss but today was totally misjudged.

Distinct lack of media coverage on the fans outrage from someone like Lancs Live... i wonder if they have been told to stay quiet?

He is starting to sound like Derek Shaw.

Scared to challenge his boss and making himself look unempahtic to the people who without there would be no football club.

I have always had a lot of time for Peter and felt he is often forced into impossible positions by his boss but today was totally misjudged.

Distinct lack of media coverage on the fans outrage from someone like Lancs Live... i wonder if they have been told to stay quiet?
Does seriously make you wonder, I remember eading how local media were banned from bolton wanderers for daring to publish anything negative about the regime there.

First time poster having followed and read for years but I'm appalled at this fiasco. Simple question: if a season ticket is paid for by credit card and then no refund offered due to cancellation because of lockdown etc then wouldn't a claim under Section 75 be an option? It's helped me out with air travel in the past and at the present time. Clutching at straws I know...

Does seriously make you wonder, I remember eading how local media were banned from bolton wanderers for daring to publish anything negative about the regime there.

Does seem a bit strange as Lancs Live are click bait crazy and I am amazed they are yet to comment on this.

Yess, there has - but it was simply a statement that said you don’t get a refund if you don’t attend games. Any reasonable person would see that as saying if you choose not to attend you don’t get anything back, which is fair enough. This is an entirely different clause and I’m pretty sure the club know that.
Yep - last year's "no refunds" clause was this (in full):

"All match dates are subject to alteration. No refunds will be made in respect of any amendments to the initial fixture list."

This year, it's this:

"All match dates are subject to alteration. No refunds will be made in respect of any amendments to the initial fixture list or cancellations
caused by Covid-19 related lockdowns or behind closed doors fixtures (where legislation enforces games to be played without fans
present). Where possible the club will endeavour to offer a live streaming service as an alternative to supporters who are not allowed entry to the stadium."

They are very clearly not the same thing.

I know we can often have differing opinions on a wide range of subjects but it saddens me to read elsewhere (Twitter and Facebook) that some people think what the club have done and said is acceptable.

Sorry but not offering the chance of a refund when you can't guarantee the "product" is morally wrong IMO.

I know we can often have differing opinions on a wide range of subjects but it saddens me to read elsewhere (Twitter and Facebook) that some people think what the club have done and said is acceptable.

Sorry but not offering the chance of a refund when you can't guarantee the "product" is morally wrong IMO.

It won't be FREE ACCESS though will it? We will actually be paying more per game than someone who buys a online match pass.

‘Why should Trevor have to stump up ten million’
‘Be thankful we have a club’
‘Least we’re competitive’
‘Another great statement’

Just a few of the comments I’ve read since this article. Fucking unbelievable.
See if the same fans are as understanding when Trev makes his ten million back by offloading 2/3 of Pearson, Davies and Johnson.

That statement is nothing short of a disgrace, and all the sound bytes coming out of the club are really not great.

My thoughts? Shove Euxton up your fucking arse, we should have Ingol.
Shove your season tickets up your arse.

Hemmings can fuck off the blithering old fool. Done with this club.

Let's dissect the statement. I have some time before kick-off. I won't quote the whole thing, just pick up and expand on key quotes.

As we have previously stated, we have had no trading income since March but have had to continue to keep the club alive.

I don't know what the club considers trading income. I suppose it means income as a whole from the shop, transfers and sales, as the definition would suggest. As such, we immediately draw to question the validity of this statement. The club shop has been open, and there has been activity in the transfer market from other clubs. Perhaps we should have sold a player or two by now, which would render this untrue. This hasn't happened, because we don't have assets that we want to sell that we can get money out of. In this market, any players that would leave would go to lower league clubs who are struggling. Hence, we're likely to make a loss on the likes of Ginnelly and Bodin if and when they do leave. This is indicative of a longer term problem where there isn't enough consideration when it comes to picking transfer targets.

Supporters at clubs like Bolton, Bury, Wigan and Charlton have had to deal with keeping their clubs in existence.

This is of no relevance and should not have been brought up. The fact that Ridsdale has mentioned it is a subtle attempt to guilt fans into thinking we'd go the same way if we don't renew our season tickets. We won't, as we have a billionaire owner and assets that we don't want to sell but could if needs must. In fact, Ridsdale even says later that

...there will be a Preston North End Football Club to support in the coming years. Many other clubs will not be able to say that with confidence.

This perspectivist approach doesn't work when the reality is right in front of us.

if we are to survive, we must take these overheads into account.

So now we need to buy season tickets to keep the club alive? So will we live or die if we don't buy season tickets? This has confused me, and worried me. As aforementioned, survival isn't a problem. It would have been even less of a problem with sensible investment and appropriate long-term planning, as discussed in the first full paragraph.

This year his contribution will exceed £10 million pounds. Without his continued support there will be no football club.

Again, had Hemmings made more appropriate long term plans in respect to organisational resilience and the club's finances this wouldn't be necessary. But didn't he just say we need to buy season tickets to survive? I'm confused now. What is Ridsdale getting at?

We do not believe that asking our loyal supporters, despite recognising the challenging times that they are facing personally, to pay between £19 and £25 per match (dependent upon where you sit) versus many of our competitors’ prices is unreasonable.

It is unreasonable to expect payments so high in respect to the overall viewer experience. Consider the supporter's code of conduct during COVID times. No shouting, chanting, etc. No comradery at the football, everyone apart. Likely dour regressive football. Connor Ripley. No ambition off the pitch. It absolutely stinks.

I have tried to explain the challenges that we face and to outline our decisions which we recognise will not meet with universal approval.

Understatement of the century there, Riddler.

Long term planning is integral, in respect to how other teams adapt and how you can maintain the club's finances. Reputation is a key factor, and when your previously guaranteed sources of income have turned around and told you they won't be renewing because of your poor handling of the situation you've only hurt your reputation further. It's taken some time to properly gather my thoughts to ensure I haven't been excessive or unnecessarily emotive, but in reality the damage caused by Hemmings and Ridsdale's actions over the past few years has become more evident than ever. This statement has only added fuel to the fire and only the most delusional will try to defend it.

Just as I've finished writing, I've seen this tweet from JK:

How ridiculous of the club to implement such a policy without such simple foresight. This is just another moment of stupidity from a club who's running leaves a lot to be desired.