PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Training Ground Bought (Confirmed)

But whilst there are significant questions about whether he'd be better investing more money (I still don't understand what his "out" is) and how the money we do spend is used (the summer of 2019 is probably the worst waste of money we've seen, Nugent and Bayliss, what was the point) it's hard to get away from the fact that without his support we'd be very unlikely to have be a top half championship side.
I'm not disputing any of that and I am not a fan of his either although the very last point is wide open to debate. Probable but not impossible.

It's the constant drivel from his sycophantic fanboys about how TJH is both a Saint and a Saviour for owning us that infuriates.

No, he is just an owner of which there are many around the various leagues, some richer, some not so, some better suited to the job, some not so.

Not a pop at you by the way, just quoting you in reply to your quote of myself.

What about the millions he puts into the club each season to keep us going? I look on this forum now with a horrid fascination. I almost can't believe that so many people can be so stupid.
I’ve already said that PNE haven’t handled this well. But I was struck reading a post where someone said that Trevor is so rich, he could easily afford to put in ten grand, every single DAY. And then somebody else pointed out that he’s already doing that, and a bit more!

Imagine handling over a briefcase full of cash to the PNE office every day. £10K+. Day-in, Day-out. Keep those wads of notes coming- just to make up the shortfall in wages versus income. It brings it home quite well.

I’ve already said that PNE haven’t handled this well. But I was struck reading a post where someone said that Trevor is so rich, he could easily afford to put in ten grand, every single DAY. And then somebody else pointed out that he’s already doing that, and a bit more!

Imagine handling over a briefcase full of cash to the PNE office every day. £10K+. Day-in, Day-out. Keep those wads of notes coming- just to make up the shortfall in wages versus income. It brings it home quite well.
Yeah the numbers are mind-boggling. (Although only for us mortals, clearly not for him).

But the question been asked a gazillion times - why does he do it....?

(My view - I honestly don't think rich men buy football clubs with a sole aim of hitting the Premier League and making more wealth. He's just a kind old man who's happy to put a few quid into his local club... 😶)

I'm not disputing any of that and I am not a fan of his either although the very last point is wide open to debate. Probable but not impossible.

It's the constant drivel from his sycophantic fanboys about how TJH is both a Saint and a Saviour for owning us that infuriates.

No, he is just an owner of which there are many around the various leagues, some richer, some not so, some better suited to the job, some not so.

Not a pop at you by the way, just quoting you in reply to your quote of myself.

The problem some people can't understand how you can both acknowledge / be grateful for his contribution yet also be critical of many of the decisions are made.

I'm grateful as I'd rather be supporting a championship team that a league 2 team but still regard the whole thing as something of a missed opportunity. Why did we piss away £2m on a midfielder for the future that we didn't need instead of buying the striker we did. Why do we have so many bits and pieces wide attacking players? Why did we have a right back playing left back? Just like 2008/10 ish large amounts of money are being put in but spent so poorly.

is that on their B-sides as it's not one I remember.....

Indeed it is ;) ...

R.E.M._-_Complete_Rarities.jpg

But the question been asked a gazillion times - why does he do it....? (My view - I honestly don't think rich men buy football clubs with a sole aim of hitting the Premier League and making more wealth. He's just a kind old man who's happy to put a few quid into his local club... 😶)

Fishing? Popcorn time? 😁

Your wording is (deliberately?) rather rosy but there’s a lot in IMO. Riddler’s interview last week certainly painted a positive picture and, call me naive, but I largely buy it.

Fishing? Popcorn time? 😁

Your wording is (deliberately?) rather rosy but there’s a lot in IMO. Riddler’s interview last week certainly painted a positive picture and, call me naive, but I largely buy it.
lol, not fishing, I suppose it's because the scale of the numbers are so out of reach & beyond comprehension for most of us, we just sit agog wondering what idiot would own a football club.

So which box does he tick?

1. Blind PNE fan with more money than sense
2. Misguided fool trying to win PL riches
3. Local boy made good, bragging about his wonga
4. Philanthropist
5. Clever charade, the club is merely a vehicle. Hard-nosed, long-game strategy, everything is a financial lever for everything else, ultimate aim to screw everyone and build more houses

lol, not fishing, I suppose it's because the scale of the numbers are so out of reach & beyond comprehension for most of us, we just sit agog wondering what idiot would own a football club.

So which box does he tick?

1. Blind PNE fan with more money than sense
2. Misguided fool trying to win PL riches
3. Local boy made good, bragging about his wonga
4. Philanthropist
5. Clever charade, the club is merely a vehicle. Hard-nosed, long-game strategy, everything is a financial lever for everything else, ultimate aim to screw everyone and build more houses

4.5?