PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Transfer Window Overview - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's a bigger challenge. There's a realistic opportunity to win a league title, which would be a big event as it would be Rangers' first in 10 years. He will also be playing in the Europa League. Sounds a bit more exciting than mid-table at Deepdale for the 6th season running.

It's easy to ignore the reality of where we are as a club and blame the players for chasing the money, but footballers like any other person in their career want fresh challenges and an opportunity to progress.

He's been a very good player for this club for a long time. Deserves his move.
Having Gerrard as a manager is a massive lure for players too, especially midfielders. I know our league is far from great but many players who come here and play a few seasons winning silverware etc. look back and say it was the best period of their career.

Have yous heard anything about what sort of fee is involved? Seen someone say £1.8m but think they plucked that number from their arse.

That doesnt say much really. He is nowhere near Barkheizen. Similar to Browne pace wise

Far, far quicker.

I remember at Forest in December 2016. The lads not in the squad (Beckford, Doyle, Humphrey etc) were sitting behind me and all laughed when a Forest lad tried doing DJ for pace - “no chance lad”.

I've been a big critic of the SPL in terms if quality but we're all perhaps being a bit unjust.
Celtic would be competitive in the Premier league quite quickly with 'gers not far behind.
Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs probably decent enough in The Championship.
Hearts aren't even in the SPL anymore. Playing against the likes of East Fife this year. I think we've seen the gulf in standard from signing a couple of the most prolific strikers outside the old firm in recent years.
Celtic and rangers would do fine in the prem as their earning potential would go through the roof. Massive clubs.
Other than that, it's a significant step down for DJ in terms of the opposition he'll be facing every week.
Rather than trying to squeeze an extra million at this stage, I'd hope instead we've pushed for a decent sell on %, as I expect him to do very well up there.

Appalling stereotype.

Yes, apologies it does seem I’m stereo typing there , but I did mean it in a positive way. He is one cool dude we are all sad to lose.

ps I’ve met and chatted to him personally a couple of times up in the stand when he’s not been playing , and he’s a great guy to talk to and and to watch whwn playing - but can sometimes be that bit frustrating. It’s all I was trying to say.

Last edited:
Played a role I can believe but happy on the same money and not wanting more? Caaaammm onnnnn!

Of course he would’ve wanted improved terms to stay but from what I heard they weren’t silly financial demands by any means.

His main concern along with a couple of others is where the club would be heading should they sign for another 3-4 years.

If it’s going to be little investment, no strikers and mid-table, ie. more of the same, then what’s the point of signing on again. Especially as DJ is now heading into his late 20s.

Their concerns are being vindicated really because after watching our strike force struggle so badly last season the club still haven’t added to it.

Their current teams/squads wouldn't be that good but if you put Rangers and Celtic into the Prem with their crowds/support plus the TV money, they would be big Prem clubs capable of heavily investing and competing.
Hasnt worked for Newcastle, Everton, Villa etc in the prem. Still only 4 teams who can realistically win the league

The clubs lack of ambition has played a role in several contract discussions.
what ambition? What is our aim? Survival? I wouldnt blame any of our out of contracts trying to get out now. The need for a striker was far greater than what the fans wanted. The players knew it too and had their own dreams shattered by a club that are so incompetent.[/QUOTE]

Yes, apologies it does seem I’m stereo typing there , but I did mean it in a positive way. He is one cool dude we are all sad to lose.

Absolute bollocks, that initial post is littered with stereotypes and has no place on here or anywhere else in society. "Strolls around", "great skills if he decides to turn up, but if he can't be arsed...." and "Typical Jamaican", jesus wept. Disgusted that any of our support would say that.

One of the best signings we've made in the past 15 years and that's the contempt that's shown to him. Massively missed when not in the side (as shown yesterday when we created absolutely nothing) and contributed through goals and assists almost a third of our goals in the League last season.

Not bad for a player that strolls around and only plays when he's arsed eh?

Of course he would’ve wanted improved terms to stay but from what I heard they weren’t silly financial demands by any means.

His main concern along with a couple of others is where the club would be heading should they sign for another 3-4 years.

If it’s going to be little investment, no strikers and mid-table, ie. more of the same, then what’s the point of signing on again. Especially as DJ is now heading into his late 20s.

That makes more sense than a few posters saying it seems like he`d have been happy with the same money if we'd have signed a striker 😂

I don't doubt that ambition has a big part to play in players contractual negotiations but it's pretty obvious that 99.9% of the time money rules.

Especially as you allude to, it's a short career.

Played a role I can believe but happy on the same money and not wanting more? Caaaammm onnnnn!

Players who have been here a while and witness the same things that we do.

Alan Browne has allways been one of the owners favourites yet things seem to be going very badly behind the scenes.

The manager is calling out the owner in almost every interview.

The owner actively wanted someone to come in for him during the summer.

The priority this summer was try and tie down players to contracts and hope we could sign a striker by the start of the season.

Hemmings, Hobin, Abbott and Ridsdale put out a season ticket offering in which the fans got royaly shafted yet didn't think anyone would check the small print.

Peter then spends the next week doing the media and podcasts in order to sell said season tickets with the hope Euxton would cheers everyone up and in the process not even have the cheek to mention Ingol.

Meanwhile a bid comes in DJ, the player is then pulled from the sqaud the afternoon before our first game of the season.

Of course money comes into these situations but to think its just money is naive.

Its a complete shambles.

Absolute bollocks, that initial post is littered with stereotypes and has no place on here or anywhere else in society. "Strolls around", "great skills if he decides to turn up, but if he can't be arsed...." and "Typical Jamaican", jesus wept. Disgusted that any of our support would say that.

One of the best signings we've made in the past 15 years and that's the contempt that's shown to him. Massively missed when not in the side (as shown yesterday when we created absolutely nothing) and contributed through goals and assists almost a third of our goals in the League last season.

Not bad for a player that strolls around and only plays when he's arsed eh?

You're podcast received some unwarranted criticism on a similar subject regarding Sinclair.

Maybe the poster isn't very well educated at all, more likely than maybe actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.