PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Transfer Window Overview - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I do believe in what I type I just don't agree with a lot of the crap negative posts about the politics of the club.
I said from the beginning I would buy a ST not like some who did a fast retreat in 2 or 3 last week on why they have renewed.
Where is he is calling TH out ? He may be frustrated & disappointed With transfers DJ BD transfer bids the day before 1st match & losing wouldnt you be pissed off . But I think your reading far to much into his press releases to say he is calling out TH or PR for not spending millions in fact he has praised TH for how he financed the club over the last 6 months a number of times.
No wonder the club don't put much info our there . According to people like you TH doesn't fund the club properly but he scouts buys players & picks the bloody team all from the IOM.
I'm going to buy you a pair of CheerStix.

Fair enough. All part of the game these days it seems. Our striker did the same to try and force a move to Lille earlier this summer.

I guess we'll see what happens over the next few days, but I can tell you from our end we'd expect this to move pretty quickly if it is going to happen. We lost four players to injury on Saturday, including one CM and one AM (Brandon Barker, formerly of this parish). We're playing two games a week for the foreseeable future so we can't afford to hang around for too long.
To much amusement on here, I was a big big fan of Brandon Barker.

His injury at the weekend aside, how's he getting on?

Personally, I think that there is a skillful wonderful player within him.

Oh - and please stop the 10. (y)

He got injured at the weekend?

What a fuckin surprise

I suspect this will be what is holding up any move for Keinan Davis.

He has a year left and looks like Villa want him to extend before he goes out on loan.

I think that it is more to do with how and when payment will be made.

Scotland is a foreign country in football terms and if your club wished to pay over the length of his contract which is normal these days, in these days of Covid and maybe your recent dices in the financial mire I think he would like C O D.

If we sold to another English club and they finished up in Admin they couldnā€™t redeem themselves unless they coughed up to the clubs they owe money to, thatā€™s why Wigan have been having a garage sale of late.

I guess he wants you to up the bid and pay more up front. Maybe.
It's possible, but we've already made big outlays this year on Ianis Hagi, Kemar Roofe and Cedric Itten. From a financial POV, the club is pretty stable.

Having said that, COVID changes everything doesn't it? I'm sure money up front will be popular for a lot of clubs this window.

Well his hamstrings are still made of glass sadly.

He's much maligned among the support, because they see what I'm sure Preston fans saw - a player with a lot of potential who demonstrates that in flashes, but can't put it together for any consistent period. He became a bit of a punching bag last year for our support because he had some truly shocking games, particularly against Porto.

The injury is a shame because he was getting a run for us and was starting to have good games instead of good spells within a game, but he's very much a squad player for us.

There are some rumours that he really struggles with nerves, so the thinking was that the behind closed doors games would be good for him. We'll see how that develops as the season goes on.

I'm with you - his talent and potential is obvious, and eventually some team will put it all together and they'll have a fantastic player. I don't think it'll be with us though. He'll probably have to go English League One/Two or the bottom half of the SPFL Premiership to become that guy. With his injury history it's fair to wonder if he'll ever get a long enough run in a team to allow him to develop into a good player.

It's possible, but we've already made big outlays this year on Ianis Hagi, Kemar Roofe and Cedric Itten. From a financial POV, the club is pretty stable.

Having said that, COVID changes everything doesn't it? I'm sure money up front will be popular for a lot of clubs this window.
I also suspect youā€™re more affected by COVID than other clubs - less TV money and a lot of lost gate receipts...

I also suspect youā€™re more affected by COVID than other clubs - less TV money and a lot of lost gate receipts...
Our exposure probably comes from our lost attendance revenue for European games - we gross over Ā£1m per European home game, as these don't fall under the season tickets.

In terms of domestic attendances, it probably hasn't mattered too much. Our season tickets sold out regardless (46,500), so we're only missing out on about 3,000 tickets per game (plus revenues from hospitality etc).

It will have hit us obviously, but probably not as badly as people think.

We've been having a look at Deon Charles at Accy Stanley according to Deon earlier.
I've heard this too, didnt want to post as I'm in no way ITK, I know Dion's uncle though.

Although for clarity I hadn't heard this rumour from Dion's uncle...

I've heard this too, didnt want to post as I'm in no way ITK, I know Dion's uncle though.

Although for clarity I hadn't heard this rumour from Dion's uncle...

Just had a look and Deepdale Digest were reporting back in Feb that weā€™d shown an interest.

Maybe itā€™s just a long-standing one we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.