PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - Derby County v PNE - 15/09/20 - KO:18:30 - League Cup 2nd Rnd

Substitutes changed the game but their goal aside we never looked in trouble. Better composure from Maguire and Stockley and we would have been at least 2 up at half time.

Excellent performance from Browne MoM for me

Great to win especially coming from behind and against Derby. A cup run would be nice.

Substitutes changed the game but their goal aside we never looked in trouble. Better composure from Maguire and Stockley and we would have been at least 2 up at half time.

Excellent performance from Browne MoM for me

Probably making a point that right back isn’t for him.

(R) Derby 1-2 PNEFC
Full Time
Knight - 1 Goals 2 - Barkhuizen (Fisher Assist), Johnson (PEN)
42 Possession 58
7 Shots 16
1 On Target 6
5 OFF Target 4
1 Blocked 6
0 Corners 6
2 Off Sides 3
19 Fouls 19
Evans, Shinnie, Buchanan - 3 Yellows 3 - Huntington, Browne, Fisher
Mike te Wierik - 1 Red cards 0
4 Saves 1
300 Passes 393

PNE Ratings (SofaScore)
Rudd 6.4
Fisher (Y) 7.5
Bauer 6.8
Huntington (Y) 6.6
Rafferty 6.4
Bayliss 6.9 (Subbed)
Gallagher 6.6 (Subbed)
Maguire 6.6
Browne (Y) 6.6
Harrop 6.7 (Subbed)
Stockley 7.0

Subs
Johnson 7.3
Sinclair 6.7
Barkhuizen 7.4

Winner of of Brighton v Portsmouth on Thursday at Deepdale next Tuesday or Wednesday.

Shoutout to Hunts who, unsurprisingly, was class.

Not watched the game, other than the goal flashes, but saw some comments on Twitter that he could have been sent off for the challenge he got booked for. Anything in that or just sour grapes?

Great win, would be nice to get a decent cup run.

Doubt it will make much difference to the DJ situation though unfortunately.

AND well deserved, even before their sending off.....

Agree with PAddy, we should have been 2 up at HT but our 2 strikers fluffed their chances.
Again
We need shut ASAP Our goals aren’t coming from the strikers, you don’t expect all of them, but the odd one would be nice
And no I don’t go for all the assists and works hard nonsense - as so many of you have said just imagine where we’d be if we had that allusive striker
I’m going to write a stern letter to trev the

well thats spoilt the mood - at least for a few days....

have to say that, up until their goal, it was the best Bayliss has played to.....

TWO Subs score the goals........ must be a class manager that pulls that off !

Strange comment.

What was I saying before the match - get some proper full-backs, some creativity in the midfield and a genuine centre forward upfront and we can compete with anybody. Everybody made a contribution but look what happens when you have Stockley upfront and Barkhuizen playing where he should do. I would have preferred Sinclair to Maguire because Stockley and Sinclair mesh together well. But the main thing is that with players in their proper positions we looked like a team.