PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - Derby County v PNE - 15/09/20 - KO:18:30 - League Cup 2nd Rnd

Sadly a £4m contract( 20k per week over 4 years ) is what I’ve heard he’s agreed to With Rangers. It would completely blow our wage budget.

Surely it would make sense for Hemmings to offer DJ a similar amount, as we'd then be able to command a bigger fee for him if/when it came to selling him (even in 2 years time) rather than him going for peanuts this window? Obviously that absolutely smashes our current wage structure though.

Surely it would make sense for Hemmings to offer DJ a similar amount, as we'd then be able to command a bigger fee for him if/when it came to selling him (even in 2 years time) rather than him going for peanuts this window? Obviously that absolutely smashes our current wage structure though.
Risks attached. What if he does his ACL and is never the same again?

What do we do when Pearson et al come asking for the same? We have to have a top earner, but we need to adjust the rest accordingly. Giving one player vastly more than the next, near double in this case, would be a disaster sadly.

That said, give him 15k and a signing bonus. Whatever it takes.

Risks attached. What if he does his ACL and is never the same again?

What do we do when Pearson et al come asking for the same? We have to have a top earner, but we need to adjust the rest accordingly. Giving one player vastly more than the next, near double in this case, would be a disaster sadly.

That said, give him 15k and a signing bonus. Whatever it takes.
I agree with you, but you know that is their business, they have to start thinking out of the box, this is 2020 and they need to sharpen up in that office, DJ is obviously worth more to us than they are paying him, so pay him more and make him happier, he is very important to our team.

The match between our opponents for next week only takes place on Thursday so possibly the match next week might be on that day - has that been decided yet?

What was I saying before the match - get some proper full-backs, some creativity in the midfield and a genuine centre forward upfront and we can compete with anybody. Everybody made a contribution but look what happens when you have Stockley upfront and Barkhuizen playing where he should do. I would have preferred Sinclair to Maguire because Stockley and Sinclair mesh together well. But the main thing is that with players in their proper positions we looked like a team.
my thoughts exactly. Add players; ie Browne, playing their best positions and the high press And you have a bloody good chance of winning games.

Sadly a £4m contract( 20k per week over 4 years ) is what I’ve heard he’s agreed to With Rangers. It would completely blow our wage budget.

Not disputing this but if its so clear cut that hes going why would either party risk him playing, especially DJ?