PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Macclesfield Town FC wound up

SSN has just announced that Macclesfield have just been wounded up in the High Cort. So that’s another club now gone.

And so it begins, first of many I fear if crowds can't get back into the lower league fixtures. National League not even started yet

Although this has been on the cards for Macclesfield from before Covid.

Another sad day for football.

As an aside, I don't understand the current phrase of "the need to get supporters back inside stadiums" when these supporters have already paid up front on their STs which has brought cash in.

Unless they are suggesting opening the grounds up fully?

Another sad day for football.

As an aside, I don't understand the current phrase of "the need to get supporters back inside stadiums" when these supporters have already paid up front on their STs which has brought cash in.

Unless they are suggesting opening the grounds up fully?

I think lower league clubs rely particularly on walk on's and the revenue they generate once in the ground, programmes, food, lottery tickets etc, they get next to nothing off Sky.

Screenshots of a bank account with over one bar in there. Yep, that's highly likely and definitely admissible evidence. If that's the case, which it obviously isn't, just pay up. Steve Dale's alter ego this pillock. What's wrong with these people?

Their owner has asked for a further 8 weeks to sort it all out!!!
Had asked. After having it adjourned 12 times already. Seems the judge had run out of patience.

The owner offered as evidence of ability to pay "a screenshot of a bank statement with £1.1m of funds" but the judge noted the owner hadn't explained where that money came from or why he hadn't used it to pay the creditors.

Macclesfield Town FC wound up in High Court over debts exceeding £500,000 | BBC

Such a shame to see clubs go, they had actually been one of my most recent additions to my 92 list.

Anyone who had been following their recent story however will have known this isn't a huge surprise - they were looking very dodgy even before Covid-19 appeared - actually rather surprised they lasted this long to be honest.

Crazy to think in just 1999, they were in the same league as Manchester City, and look at where they both are now.

We had only played them 4 times in our history, I'd have thought it was more than that.

Fingers crossed a decent fan-owned Phoenix club can rise from the ashes and give their town some form of club to get behind again.

Whats the bet on how many other clubs in the leagues will end up in the same state before the New Year my guess five more not naming names though

RIP Macclesfield Town

I have a real soft spot for Macc after living there for a year or so and been to a few of their games. This was always going to happen after failed takeover after failed takeover and failure to pay wages for weeks at a time....they are in a real mess but appeared to be making plans for the new season by appointing Tim Flowers and signing players. Sad news indeed and they won't be the last club to fold in the coming months.

Rooney’s younger brother played for them for a few years. He should have asked Shrek for a few quid to bail them out.

RIP Macclesfield Town

I have a real soft spot for Macc after living there for a year or so and been to a few of their games. This was always going to happen after failed takeover after failed takeover and failure to pay wages for weeks at a time....they are in a real mess but appeared to be making plans for the new season by appointing Tim Flowers and signing players. Sad news indeed and they won't be the last club to fold in the coming months.

This is what happens when they let crooks run clubs.

Good to see the EFL owners and directors test working as always 🤔