PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Transfer Window Overview - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucky man. 👍

Reminds me of a Rodney Marsh storey when he moved for big money from Fulham to Man City. Marsh was an exceptional talent but regarded as a bit flash.

Malcolm Allison the City manager said in the changing room before his debut " Right Marsh, if you don't work hard for the team, I'm gonna pull you off at half time" Marsh replied "Bloody Hell Gaffer, that's brilliant, we only got a cup of tea and a fag at Fulham" :ROFLMAO:

Aston Villa have signed Emi Martinez. Wonder if someone like Nyland or Steer are available as a back up goalie

I think the issue with a keeper, is that Rudd having signed his new deal is firmly our no.1, so another club is probably not going to loan us a keeper to probably sit on the bench - it would also take up a spot in the 25, which is more needed for an attacking player.

Reactions: OB1
I've just moved back from Salzburg (worked for Red Bull). The tax in Austria is an absolute killer - more than 50% just for people on less than three figures. I'd advise him against in if he's basing it on earnings. Nice stadium though.
Not surprised you moved back if you were only earning 3 figures. Who can live off 999 Euros a year? That's less than our transfer budget. Possibly.

Add that to the list of lies.......
I’m not sure £70m is so outrageous if the valuation was at the start of last season... remember we had ~30 players so that’s only an average value of £2.3m. If Ben P and Ben D were both worth £15m with 2 yrs left on their contract, plus Callum R was worth £10m with 1 year left, that only leaves an average value of c.£1.25m per player.

If you count Browne and DJ at £5m, Rudd, Fisher, Barkhuizen and Bauer at £2.5m you’re down to an average value of <£500k for the rest...

@pne1881

Using almost the very same words to describe Johnson as a Rangers fan on their MB.

Lazy, not very good, etc. Words of that ilk.

I'd have to revist that site to get the exact quotations.

Was watching the Tottenham documentary last night and Mourinho was teliling Dele Ali he was a lazy trainer but effectively a brilliant player. Not everyone is needed to run through brick walls some can actually do something with the ball, they are called footballers.🤣

Though note that the value of players isn’t included in the accounts, but rather their transfer fee split over the years of their contract. This means the registration for a player bought for £750k with 3yr contract appears in the accounts as being worth £750k on registration, £500k after a year, £250k after two years, and zero after three, regardless of whether they have improved or not (so Ben Pearson, for example, will be worth nothing in our accounts now).

Though note that the value of players isn’t included in the accounts, but rather their transfer fee split over the years of their contract. This means the registration for a player bought for £750k with 3yr contract appears in the accounts as being worth £750k on registration, £500k after a year, £250k after two years, and zero after three, regardless of whether they have improved or not (so Ben Pearson, for example, will be worth nothing in our accounts now).

Players are included at cost (purchase price) and accumulated amortisation is what drives their carrying value down in the accounts, which is the annual write off as you describe.

However the signing of a new contract, I believe, acts as an addition, so Ben’s carrying value won’t be £0 if my accounting understand serves me correctly.

Whilst on topic - profit on player sales is based on proceeds received less carrying value (not on original cost), just like you would calculate for any other “asset”

Status
Not open for further replies.