PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Transfer Window Overview - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would have Gregory on loan at this point, surely on a much, much lower wage than Afobe.
32 now, played all his best football in a two striker team. I’d be worried he’d be similar to nugent

If posters on here can't see how we fucked up with dolan then I'd say you've never watched the lad play football. It's no coincidence rovers said thank you and hes now playing and scoring for them. Our youth system like our whole system is shite. We didn't even fight to keep a decent talent. Rovers swept and are now buzzing. BTW I think he's 18. Lad will only get better. Pne fuck up again in my eyes. Standard procedure.
Saw him several times, and while the lad has talent very much a headless chicken. Hope he does well, but as others say would have been so far down our pecking order

Barnsley fans are split on whether Woodrow is a decent player or just a flash in the pan.

Only 2 pages long with it being a new thread.

Not sure they're split on whether he's a decent player.

They seem more split on the manager's beloved system, which apparently demands athleticism and constant pressing (which apparently doesn't suit Woodrow), but which has yielded no goals so far, while Woodrow kicks his heels.

They also seem split on whether the board will hold out for a bumper fee for Woodrow, or just sell him cheap at the first sight of cash (most suspect the latter).

Talking of fitting into beloved systems, Woodrow sounds like he'd be unsuited to be a one-up-front striker - seems (in the Championship at least) he likes to play deep and more like a #10 with a strike partner ahead of him.

Just what we need! Another one!

Dementia's fast catching up with you pal. Time you have another long lie down.
Mr Snot,
Just checked, and your rather savage comment is indeed warranted. They only slapped us 3-1, it was 4-1 the year before. Like you say from your ‘memories’ pretty effective 11!
Did you check your other fuzzy recollection about the Spavin wall?

Wasn’t this against Bristol Rovers and I think we built a wall either just in front or just behind their wall so their goalie couldn’t see the ball

Not sure Norfolk, my memory is terrible. I just remember Spavin with his back to goal and the ball trapped between his feet, then flicked it up for someone to score.

Mr Snot,
Just checked, and your rather savage comment is indeed warranted. They only slapped us 3-1, it was 4-1 the year before. Like you say from your ‘memories’ pretty effective 11!
Did you check your other fuzzy recollection about the Spavin wall?

That's your word not mine. Your memory really is on the blink.

Here's a chance to salvage any credibility that you think you may have had - Which North End players were used in the wall that night against Rotherham?

Not sure Norfolk, my memory is terrible. I just remember Spavin with his back to goal and the ball trapped between his feet, then flicked it up for someone to score.
Wasn’t that Ernie Hunt who played for Coventry.... I remember that it caused a bit of a stir at the time

Status
Not open for further replies.