PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

PNE Youth Team: 2020/21 season

Today, the boys are at home to Fleetwood and after 20 mins it’s PNE 0-1 Fleetwood and PNE have also saved a penalty. Fleetwood appear to be in command.
Just out of interest are you down at Uclan? Thought no visitors were allowed on there yet?

32’ GOAAAAAAL! A long ball from defence is flicked on by Leigh to Seary who delivers a fantastic cross into the box that’s tucked home from close range by Ben Dooley. #PNEU18 2-1

I’m not saying he isn’t. What I’m saying is our other young players may be equally as good, or better and But are not being given the opportunity. Their pathway is being blocked. They literally can only get a chance to play if every other player in their position is unavailable and AN has just out of options.
That’s the only reason Dolan got a chance at Rovers too though, in all fairness. He was signed for the U23’s and due to numerous injuries and a very shallow squad, he got a chance and fair play to him for taking it.

Let’s not pretend that Mowbray is some youth football genius though.

49’ GOAAAAAL! The keeper goes the right way but it isn’t enough to stop Aaron Bennett’s low driven shot into the bottom left corner. #PNEU18 3-1

66 mins: sub Bennett off, Holland-Wilkinson on.

Looks like Jacob HW is back with us from Kendall, unless he’s allowed to play the odd game for academy.

83’ GOAAAAL! Vaughn sees his strike come back off the post before being smashed home on the rebound by Lewis Leigh. #PNEU18 4-1

Thanks for the updates, it takes me back twenty odd years when I had to wait for a be phone call coming through whenever there was a goal

Thanks for the updates gents. Had to leave it at 4-1, great to come back for news of a really positive result. Hope for the same tomorrow. 🤞