PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

England 20/21 season

norky84

Patron
So we're now in the build up to 3 big games for us as we prepare for Euro 2021. The last 2 games were pretty dire. But I think the players can be given some slack given the lack of match fitness, and some players who were unavailable.

We're now in a position where players are more match fit, more players are available, so a reason to look forward to the upcoming games.

But after Greenwood and Foden being complete idiots, we now have Chilwell, Abraham and Sancho breaking covid rules and disrupting preparations. What absolute weapons.

Still, I'm looking forward to these upcoming games. Especially against Belgium. An opportunity to see how good we actually are.

I'd have him on the left in a front 3 instead of Rashford on current form.
Sterling is out now so there is Jacks chance.

Grealish starts and I will actually watch the game.

Anyone remember when he was 17 or 18 rocking up at Deepdale, socks rolled down, no shinpads playing for Orient on loan?

Was exactly the same as when we 1st witnessed DJ playing for Chesterfield, you just knew the kid was a level above.

Well it's certainly an experimental side we have put out. Big opportunity for Grealish.

Sterling is out now so there is Jacks chance.

Grealish starts and I will actually watch the game.

Anyone remember when he was 17 or 18 rocking up at Deepdale, socks rolled down, no shinpads playing for Orient on loan?

Was exactly the same as when we 1st witnessed DJ playing for Chesterfield, you just knew the kid was a level above.

Think it was Notts County who he was on loan with JD. I could be wrong though!

Slow and nervous start, but that's a great goal. Great play from Grealish, and Calvert Lewin carrying on his club form.

Grealish is the best player in the England set up at present and you can almost guarantee he won’t get a sniff in competitive games.

Grealish is the best player in the England set up at present and you can almost guarantee he won’t get a sniff in competitive games.
Wouldn’t say he’s better than Sterling. He does have quality, but I don’t think Southgate knows where to fit him in. He’s an odd player.

Southgate has somehow managed to consistently make the team worse in the time he’s been manager though. Some achievement considering that we have probably got a stronger pool of players to pick from at present than when he took over.

Wouldn’t say he’s better than Sterling. He does have quality, but I don’t think Southgate knows where to fit him in. He’s an odd player.

Southgate has somehow managed to consistently make the team worse in the time he’s been manager though. Some achievement considering that we have probably got a stronger pool of players to pick from at present than when he took over.
I honestly don’t think he’s far off. He’s an exceptionally talented player and it’s only because he plays for a club outside the top 6 that we haven’t seen much more of him.

Southgate is a fraud. We’ve looked poor tonight but took our chance well. We seem to have an embarrassment of attacking riches yet revert to defensive, pass across the back line and hoof football.

Southgate is a fraud. We’ve looked poor tonight but took our chance well. We seem to have an embarrassment of attacking riches yet revert to defensive, pass across the back line and hoof football.
Sounds like Simon Grayson in his latter days here...

I honestly don’t think he’s far off. He’s an exceptionally talented player and it’s only because he plays for a club outside the top 6 that we haven’t seen much more of him.

haha thought I was on the MTD for a minute 🤣