PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

No, just No. B Teams (again!)

Jack Daniels

PNE-ONLINE Boxing Expert.
Patron
The death of the EFL if this ever came to pass.

Totally self serving tripe.

The only thing he is right about is the lack of 5 Subs during games.

The death of the EFL if this ever came to pass.

Totally self serving tripe.

The only thing he is right about is the lack of 5 Subs during games.

Perhaps if these big clubs weren't stockpiling players and paying them ridiculous wages it wouldn't be an issue. More would go to other clubs for development rather than making too much too early.

Maybe these players should be made to have a years 'work experience' at another club?

Perhaps if these big clubs weren't stockpiling players and paying them ridiculous wages it wouldn't be an issue. More would go to other clubs for development rather than making too much too early.

Maybe these players should be made to have a years 'work experience' at another club?
Agreed
everton had over thirty players on loan last season

Agreed
everton had over thirty players on loan last season
One of my relatives is at a prem club, he's 18 and has recently signed a pro contract for what I think is a ridiculous amount for someone you've never heard of! He's been there for 7 years and the investment the club have made in him (and made life easy for his family) makes a mockery of the game. If he was at a league 1 or 2 club (like his home town team), there's every chance he'd be knocking on the first team door, but as it is, he's happy to live the dream and knows he may get loaned out in a year or two. Then I see the same club splashing millions on foreign players who play in the same position......

Man City wouldnt be saying all this had no Oil tycoon bought them when in league 1.
Spot on JJ

They just want somewhere for their multi million pound B team to play meaningful football....

I agree with JD - it would be the end of the EFL if that ever happened.

Spot on JJ

They just want somewhere for their multi million pound B team to play meaningful football....

I agree with JD - it would be the end of the EFL if that ever happened.
I dont agree with B-teams but does it work in Spain and Germany? I'm not sure how strong their second flights are

If B teams come into the EFL, it will be me done with Football most likely.

My interest has already waned massively as it is - B teams would be the death of it for me I fear.

The romantic in me however still loves the notion of the pyramid and that the lower leagues has the likes of fixtures between your Morecambes and Exeters, etc.

The prospect of Rochdale v West Ham B or whoever is depressing frankly.

I am completely up for Football being overhauled in many ways to make it more sustainable, but not B teams, it just will not do anything but support the big teams.

I dont agree with B-teams but does it work in Spain and Germany? I'm not sure how strong their second flights are

There are no B teams in the Spanish 2nd division and you'd recognise most of the names in there. Not sure if that's because they're not allowed or not, presumably it is. Real Madrid B play the likes of Ibiza... The 3rd division structure in Spain is complicated beyond belief and is split into 5 areas based on geography.

Bayern Munich II are in the 3rd tier which is the highest they can go. They won the league last season but can't be promoted.

Less hording of players, a proper reserve structure and league and the loan draft system that was suggested by I think the Peterborough owner are all better ideas.

There are no B teams in the Spanish 2nd division and you'd recognise most of the names in there. Not sure if that's because they're not allowed or not, presumably it is. Real Madrid B play the likes of Ibiza... The 3rd division structure in Spain is complicated beyond belief and is split into 5 areas based on geography.

Bayern Munich II are in the 3rd tier which is the highest they can go. They won the league last season but can't be promoted.

Less hording of players, a proper reserve structure and league and the loan draft system that was suggested by I think the Peterborough owner are all better ideas.
Aye a squad cap at all levels would be a much fairer way of doing things I think. Would also massively benefit smaller clubs who are in the same catchment areas as Premier League teams

Our league structure of 5 strong competitive divisions (Yes I'm including the National League) with many towns & cities locally represented , is unique and special across the whole footballing world. This proposal by the corporate greed of the Premier League is completely self serving to feather their own nest & it would effectively ruin the English game that we know and love. This coupled with the continued neglect of grass roots football will result in or kids growing up thinking football is just something that you watch the privileged few on the tv & play occasionally in a leisure centre. If only we had an FA that had the guts to stand up to the might of the EPL & govern to protect OUR game.
The fact that Soriano has chosen to make this statement at the time of crisis on the back of a global pandemic, is staggering & completely indicative

B teams going into the football league is something that would be push me away also. Thankfully I don't think it will ever happen.

A restructure is needed in this country, that much is obvious as pretty much every club, us included, is operating at a huge loss.

The salary caps in leagues 1 and 2 are a good start.

B teams going into the football league is something that would be push me away also. Thankfully I don't think it will ever happen.

A restructure is needed in this country, that much is obvious as pretty much every club, us included, is operating at a huge loss.

The salary caps in leagues 1 and 2 are a good start.
Regionalising lges 1 and 2 would bring in bigger crowds and revenue. Seriously think this needs to be done post covid.

L1, L2 and the National League which is 72 teams should become 4 Leagues of 18 teams with maybe 8 other National North and South teams invited (4N and 4S) to make 80 teams (20 per division).

You would then have the following leagues.

L1 North
L1 South

L2 North
L2 South.

Using both L1 divisions as an example.

Both Champions go up into the Championship.

The next 4 in each division play off against each other in one off games 3rd v 6th, 4th v 5th with home advantage in the final to the highest ranked team.

The winner of this one off final then plays their winning counterpart from the other division at Wembley in a North v South Final.

More derbies, no overnight stays, bigger crowds, less travelling and more cost effective.

I hope I explained my idea in an easy to follow way.

L1, L2 and the National League which is 72 teams should become 4 Leagues of 18 teams with maybe 8 other National North and South teams invited (4N and 4S) to make 80 teams (20 per division).

You would then have the following leagues.

L1 North
L1 South

L2 North
L2 South.

Using both L1 divisions as an example.

Both Champions go up into the Championship.

The next 4 in each division play off against each other in one off games 3rd v 6th, 4th v 5th with home advantage in the final to the highest ranked team.

The winner of this one off final then plays their winning counterpart from the other division at Wembley in a North v South Final.

More derbies, no overnight stays, bigger crowds, less travelling and more cost effective.

I hope I explained my idea in an easy to follow way.

worth a read. https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/18411987.regionalising-efl-just-wont-work-just-wont-happen/

of course this was written towards the start of lockdown when I suspect there was a feeling fans would be back by now, or at least close to.