PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Sinclair

This myth some fans have about other players being upset because a player is on more money. When in fact the players are happy to train and play with a player of quality.

Totally, especially when said player has won multiple pieces of silverware, was a key part of that and can rightly justify his wage from his actions. Madness that anyone would think otherwise. He's earned it.

Totally, especially when said player has won multiple pieces of silverware, was a key part of that and can rightly justify his wage from his actions. Madness that anyone would think otherwise. He's earned it.
It's funny how we seem to expect undying loyalty, commitment and effort from players yet at the same time theyre delicate little flowers who go crying to mummy when their team mate can afford a better car than them.

Me too and I was fortunate enough to be a guest on it once in 1995. That was pre Lovejoy but Helen was there along with Gary Stevens and Russ Williams.

How did that come about K14? And how did you feature? (and have you still got the tape?!)

I really hope so.
When was the last time we had a 20 plus goals/season scorer in our ranks?
At this level possibly Alex Bruce may have reached 20 in that spell in the late 70's. Certainly wouldn't have been far off.
There was John Thomas and Andy Saville as well but most of their goals were in the fourth tier.

At this level possibly Alex Bruce may have reached 20 in that spell in the late 70's. Certainly wouldn't have been far off.
There was John Thomas and Andy Saville as well but most of their goals were in the fourth tier.
I've had a quick look and within the last 20 years, the closest have been Fuller and Cresswell with 17.

How did that come about K14? And how did you feature? (and have you still got the tape?!)
Sky had just launched its fantasy football game that season and, at Christmas time, I was actually leading the competition so they had me on as a guest under the guise of 'currently, the most successful manager in the country'. It was weird being a guest on a live TV show but being chauffeured there and back to Gloucester and a night in a top hotel was great. :).... Oh, and I didn't win the £50,000 first prize in the end. :(... but I did win £1,000 and, later, a 4 day all expenses paid trip to Milan for two including the Champion League final tickets :) - met Ally McCoist and Gerrard Houllier on the flight over! :)

Macken got 22 (00/01) but I am not sure if there were any Cup Goals in that total.
Just found an old reference book and according to it Macken scored 22 league goals in 1999/2000 which would have been our promotion season and 19 league goals in 2000/01 our play off season. 41 goals in 2 seasons is mightily impressive.
Tony Ellis got 48 goals in 2 Div 3 seasons (92-94).
Alex Bruce 48 in 2 seasons (97/99). The first season was the promotion from Division 3 to Division 2.

Not sure if its been mentioned on this thread already but I've just noticed on SSN that Sinclair is on Soccer AM in the morning. Not a great deal of football insight on there but may be of interest to some people.