PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Team for Sunday

ernest

Patron
Come on let's stop fretting about transfers and look ahead to Sunday. There are a few selection posers for AN even after the stupendous win in the last match. Does he recall Fisher if fit, if Browne is not available does he slot Johnson straight back in, does he recall Barkhuizen and if so at whose expense, does he continue with Maguire upfront or start Riis? The one thing I would be a bit apprehensive about would be a '3' of Barkhuizen, Potts and Sinclair since while it would have plenty of strength and running it would be a bit short of guile, which is why Browne or Johnson is needed. I don't think I have ever guessed correctly beforehand what team AN will pick so I suppose if we assume Browne will not be available the options might be:

Rudd
Fisher/Rafferty, Bauer, Davies, Hughes
Pearson, Ledson
Barkhuizen/Potts, Johnson, Sinclair
Maguire/Riis.

Add Storey, Harrop and Stockley to whichever of the three above do not start and that looks pretty good. We have shown that we can get points from anybody away from home if we can now start getting them at home as well anything is possible.

Fisher & Browne unlikely to feature?

Rudd
Rafferty, Bauer, Davies, Hughes
Pearson, Ledson
Barkhuizen, Johnson, Sinclair
Jakobsen​
That’ll be the team. Although I wonder if we’ll see Stockley given neither Riis nor Maguire have trained and both have been on international duty

Fisher & Browne unlikely to feature?

Rudd
Rafferty, Bauer, Davies, Hughes
Pearson, Ledson
Barkhuizen, Johnson, Sinclair
Jakobsen​

I agree with that except he wants to be called Riis and not Jakobsen!

Potts is unlucky though to lose out.

Agreed
This is our best starting 11
Fisher all day, month and year if fit and I'd like to see Earl given a run once he's had a few bounce games under his belt. Ledson in there on current form but expect Browne to push him back out eventually.

Do you think so ref Browne. Mr ledson seems to be very much justifying his place ?
Ledson has been very good and I hope it continues but Neil loves Alan Browne and he brings a few goals to the side.

If everyone is fit it's a managerial head ache for the three central positions. That's without Gally, Potts, Bayliss & Harrop.

Ledson has been very good and I hope it continues but Neil loves Alan Browne and he brings a few goals to the side.

If everyone is fit it's a managerial head ache for the three central positions. That's without Gally, Potts, Bayliss & Harrop.
Yes
Feels like we are in a position now to have some difficult choices which is never a bad thing
Neil though mustn’t show any favouritism

Don’t agree. Browne’s best position is as a number 10, where he is competing with a number of players, and not in the role that Ledson plays.

Don’t agree. Browne’s best position is as a number 10, where he is competing with a number of players, and not in the role that Ledson plays.
Neil will fit Browne into the team if he's fit, even if it means dropping DJ deep. He always has done.

Which would be harsh on Ledson but Browne will still be isolating
Yeah, I don't mean instantly but if Ledson goes a few games without a performance then he'll need to watch his back imo. Neil will play 'the four' 99% of the time if available.

Maguire didn’t much wrong agin Brentford and with Riis having been away I’d have thought AN would stick with him. Main question I’d have thought will be Barky or Potts ?. Difficult but I think I’d go for the latter.

Same team that beat Brentford, just Browne out for Harrop, who always seems to do well against Cardiff.

While collective mistakes hampered us in the first half the second half was more akin to what we can do.

I'd maybe look to integrate Hunts in some way to instill some leadership in the back line but if it can't be done it can't be done.

The only question in this case is...who takes the armband? Davies? Bauer? Rudd?

Same team that beat Brentford, just Browne out for Harrop, who always seems to do well against Cardiff.

While collective mistakes hampered us in the first half the second half was more akin to what we can do.

I'd maybe look to integrate Hunts in some way to instill some leadership in the back line but if it can't be done it can't be done.

The only question in this case is...who takes the armband? Davies? Bauer? Rudd?
Davies is always next in line

If Browne’s not available then DJ in.....that’s got to be the only change following a result like that.

Maguire didn’t much wrong agin Brentford and with Riis having been away I’d have thought AN would stick with him. Main question I’d have thought will be Barky or Potts ?. Difficult but I think I’d go for the latter.
I agree. I'd go for the team that did so well at Brentford, with Johnson in for Browne if he is unavailable. I've not always been a great fan of Potts, particularly played wide, but I think he deserves to keep his place and Barkuizen will have to bide his time.