PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Grassroots Football - UCLAN

I'm glad you and your children enjoy it, been involved in athletics for a very long time and have met numerous fantastic parents over the years who been incredibly supporting of their children. Parents and children all seem to get along and there doesn't appear to be the bitchiness involved in other sports.

It's been a testing last few months
Did you remember the old London Road track? More holes than Blackburn, dog shit and broken glass in the long jump pit, and being attacked by travellers on the back straight. Character building stuff. 😉

I'm glad you and your children enjoy it, been involved in athletics for a very long time and have met numerous fantastic parents over the years who been incredibly supporting of their children. Parents and children all seem to get along and there doesn't appear to be the bitchiness involved in other sports.

It's been a testing last few months
There's a likely chance we know each other. At least by face or in passing.

For me and one son, the lack of Harriers has been the single biggest thing this year. He lives for running, he's missed the entire track season, and now will likely miss the entire cross country season. (I've just seen the first 3 mid Lancs are officially cancelled now).

He is 10000% gutted.

For me and one son, the lack of Harriers has been the single biggest thing this year. He lives for running, he's missed the entire track season, and now will likely miss the entire cross country season. (I've just seen the first 3 mid Lancs are officially cancelled now).

He is 10000% gutted.
Massive pisser. At least you can go to the pub and drown your sorrows. Oh hang on a minute.....

As you say, testing times and currently don't see the end of it. At least if we had a timescale you could work towards it but currently this is brutal

All the best to your son

Did you remember the old London Road track? More holes than Blackburn, dog shit and broken glass in the long jump pit, and being attacked by travellers on the back straight. Character building stuff. 😉
5,000 holes in Blackburn Lancashire. Nice reference there.

Massive pisser. At least you can go to the pub and drown your sorrows. Oh hang on a minute.....

As you say, testing times and currently don't see the end of it. At least if we had a timescale you could work towards it but currently this is brutal

All the best to your son
Cheers mate - appreciate it (y)

Yeah it's brutal indeed. And not too much light at the end of any tunnel, either... but luckily my fridge is stocked with some strong Belgian beer so I'm gonna have a headache tomorrow...

Those were the days. Remember before that it was a tip, God knows how much methane gas is under there.

He is 10000% gutted.
Really disappointing, looks like the XC season is now a total write off. The National XC relays were going to be held over two days with only the top 30 teams from last season invited. That's now been called off, as has the first 3 UK Cross Challenge races and as you say the first 3 mid lancs.

There have been track races at Trafford AC and they are still planning more, although the weather is against us now. Link here https://www.traffordac.co.uk/php/index.php?script=newsFull.php&news_id=1001

Really disappointing, looks like the XC season is now a total write off. The National XC relays were going to be held over two days with only the top 30 teams from last season invited. That's now been called off, as has the first 3 UK Cross Challenge races and as you say the first 3 mid lancs.

There have been track races at Trafford AC and they are still planning more, although the weather is against us now. Link here https://www.traffordac.co.uk/php/index.php?script=newsFull.php&news_id=1001
....I think I've just worked out who you are, If those are your initials.... :) If not, I'm way off beam!

Those were the days. Remember before that it was a tip, God knows how much methane gas is under there.
I remember competing in the Preston Sporting Superstars in the late seventies. We had the running events at that track and everything else at Fulwood Leisure Centre.

Knew it was the old council tip but that was way before my time. I was a road runner really but did a few track sessions in the summer with Jerry Harries when John Nuttall et al were about. I was way behind those guys but it made a huge difference to my times on the road.

He is 10000% gutted.
Mid Lancs off and no fell running season this year. My youngest lad isn’t happy about that at all.

Knew it was the old council tip but that was way before my time. I was a road runner really but did a few track sessions in the summer with Jerry Harries when John Nuttall et al were about. I was way behind those guys but it made a huge difference to my times on the road.
Don't worry mate, everyone was way behind John Nuttall. He was maybe 2 or 3 years ahead of me at school when he came to our 6th Form. Used to win the school Cross Country by approximately 1 mile. It was almost like he'd jumped in a taxi

Mid Lancs off and no fell running season this year. My youngest lad isn’t happy about that at all.
Is the whole lot officially off? Mid Lancs website says first 3 cancelled, but not the others yet. Saying that, I've got zero confidence they'll go ahead anyway.

There was some real talent around then, Steve Tunstall as well, Aidan Wallpole, Steve Smith. You did well even being able to run with them(y)

There was some real talent around then, Steve Tunstall as well, Aidan Wallpole, Steve Smith. You did well even being able to run with them(y)
Aidan Wallpole was I think at my school at a similar time to me. Ran for miles. Never broke sweat.