PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Chippy Tea: How Do You Eat Yours?

You southern weirdo

1.50 in 😉

It's an age thing as well as a geography issue. Mrs E is the same age as me and from Salford. Her grandparents had a chippy in Salford and they apprently certainly sold neither gravy nor curry sauce. I was a child in the Midlands and it was salt and vinegar

It's an age thing as well as a geography issue. Mrs E is the same age as me and from Salford. Her grandparents had a chippy in Salford and they apprently certainly sold neither gravy nor curry sauce. I was a child in the Midlands and it was salt and vinegar
Every year we do the Illuminations. Tram up to Redbank Road. Chips & curry, can of dandelion & burdock. Walk the 3 miles or so back to the pleasure beach.

Bens Chippy, bottom of Berry Lane/Inglewhite Road. Every day during lunch break for nearly 3 years it was Meat and Potato Pie, Chips, and Gravy in a tray.

Nothings ever come close since. Bens is probably an art gallery now. Was a Chinese last time I looked, years ago.

Only really had a good Haddock and Cod and Chips since. Salt only, no vinegar.

Feck, it`s Friday night, I`ve a had a couple of beers, I`m sodding hungry now FFS...

Best chippy in Preston (well, just outside actually) is the Barton Chinese Takeaway. Fish is to fucking die for. Someone once tried to tell me the Happy Haddock topped it. Yeah right, it's fucking gash.

My usual order is/was fish, chips, mushy peas and curry sauce with salt and lashings of vinegar. Keep gravy away from me unless the fish is absent.

Peter’s west end chippy on Blackpool road
I have travelled the world and back and it’s the best
Albeit I believe mick millers place near Blackpool is good but I can’t remember it’s name ?
The place at boundary mill is good too

Travel a little bit further down the A6 towards Garstang and you'll find something better.