PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Transfer Window Overview - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was a good player 3-4 years ago but career destroyed by injuries sadly.

I could actually see Irvine targeted as a DJ replacement, he got a few goals at this level for Burton as an attacking midfielder.
Always been a fan of Irvine, would be a very good signing but it’s a position we’re well stocked in.

Always been a fan of Irvine, would be a very good signing but it’s a position we’re well stocked in.

Plenty of CMs but Ledson and Pearson don't chip in with goals at all and Gally only from pens and he won't play so much now. Harrop can chip in with a few but he's gone AWOL again from 18.

Leaves DJ and Browne. Think 17/18 was just a purple scoring patch for Brownie and he's obviously being played all over the pitch.

Just checked and Irvine scored 10 league goals for Burton in 16/17 (only 3 the following season). 6 for Hull in his first season although I presume there wasn't as much need to get forward given they had Bowen and Grosicki in final third.

Feels like the sort who'll end up at QPR. Or Blackburn.

Plenty of CMs but Ledson and Pearson don't chip in with goals at all and Gally only from pens and he won't play so much now. Harrop can chip in with a few but he's gone AWOL again from 18.

Leaves DJ and Browne. Think 17/18 was just a purple scoring patch for Brownie and he's obviously being played all over the pitch.

Just checked and Irvine scored 10 league goals for Burton in 16/17 (only 3 the following season). 6 for Hull in his first season although I presume there wasn't as much need to get forward given they had Bowen and Grosicki in final third.

Feels like the sort who'll end up at QPR. Or Blackburn.
And Harrop who we inexplicably just gave a new long term contract, don’t forget.

And Harrop who we inexplicably just gave a new long term contract, don’t forget.
As much a fan of Harrop as I am, I think that Hemmings, given the current contract situation with the B5, was also protecting at least one of his investments.

Reactions: rem
What a shambles we have become. They all get paid for that pathetic performance- we need some happy moments at present you are letting us down the lot of you

Well Neil wasn't backed in the summer. In lieu of the phrase "back him or sack him" will Neil be sacked?

Peter Ridsdale said recently that it's better to stick with what you've got, because they already know the club and system, and we know we can 'compete' with them already.

Problem with that policy is that you end up with the same old problems.

That policy has worked well last few years but at same time you need a couple of signings to push on and get extra 10% out of existing players. Many of this squad have been here since 2015 so that's a long old time in modern football and I get the feeling they know they've peaked as a squad (17-start of this year) and it's all downhill from now so might aswell move on somewhere else.

Well Neil wasn't backed in the summer. In lieu of the phrase "back him or sack him" will Neil be sacked?
The club bought Euxton during the transfer window.

If the club's endless wall-to-wall social media coverage of Euxton throughout the international break hasn't already made it abundantly clear, Euxton was our key summer signing.

Euxton is the club's way of backing the manager, while also satisfying the owner's primary goal of investing in low-cost high-value assets.

Status
Not open for further replies.