PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - PNE v Cardiff City - 18/10/20 - KO:12:00 - Championship

In all seriousness, though Riis needs time to understand his team mates, chemistry, patterns of play before he gets more minutes under his belt.

If any of their players don't live in Wales and live in a tier three area they would be forbidden by Welsh law from entering the country. Makes you wonder how Wilson will get around this. Or once again is it one rule for us but the rich and privileged can ignore it.

Yes it looks like that way when it comes to sports. Normal working class citizens can't leave their homes to go to work out of their area whilst those privileged get to travel the world playing for your country aswell !!

In all seriousness, though Riis needs time to understand his team mates, chemistry, patterns of play before he gets more minutes under his belt.
The team he has come from play 442 so will need time to understand what is required from a lone striker.

That being said it is a less demanding transition than what is required from our wide players so I would assume he will start sooner rather than later.

I guess some of it might depend on how quickly he can sort out his living situation etc. Shame he went straight on international duty really.

The Legendary Bill Shankly said:
Football is a simple game made complicated by people who should know better.

quote-football-is-a-simple-game-made-complicated-by-people-who-should-know-better-bill-shankly-60-3-0371.jpg

Was Bill talking about @Ron Burgundy? 😂 😂

Think today showed that Browne & Potts can only play together away from home when we don't see much of the ball. They run into each other's space & don't create.

That's before we talk about Maguire being asked to battle two monsters. Still struggling to believe how wrong we got it today.

The not changing a winning team thing is nonsense, especially after a long break.

Dear me, I've read some comments on here in the past showing real sour grapes after a defeat, but the ones suggesting Harry Wilson and Cardiff players have broken lockdown rules by turning up to play today really do take the biscuit.
Not sour grapes from me we didn't deserve to win. I was just curious how a person from a tier 3 area is allowed to enter Wales when the Welsh first minister said on TV yesterday that it would not be allowed under any circumstances.

Not sour grapes from me we didn't deserve to win. I was just curious how a person from a tier 3 area is allowed to enter Wales when the Welsh first minister said on TV yesterday that it would not be allowed under any circumstances.
Same reason they don't have to isolate or bubble the same. Elite Athlete exemptions. They are in place across most of the world now

Maybe but he has quality which is something we sadly lack.

He’s just not AN’s type of player for me which makes the decision to give him a new deal a bit strange.
Harrop has got class, he would be a good player in another team, I'm fucking sick of Neil's tactics or non tactics more like, he's proven he can be a decent manager, but there's just no consistency, we either blow hot or cold, and our home form is below zero.
I think we have now got a few players who genuinely believe they are better than they are, they just coast along until they feel like doing it, they're the untouchables it seems.

Harrop has got class, he would be a good player in another team, I'm fucking sick of Neil's tactics or non tactics more like, he's proven he can be a decent manager, but there's just no consistency, we either blow hot or cold, and our home form is below zero.
I think we have now got a few players who genuinely believe they are better than they are, they just coast along until they feel like doing it, they're the untouchables it seems.
I know this argument has been done to death but...

If you worked for a company and realised that no matter how hard you worked your employer would never allow you to get paid the going rate for a top performer at your level in your chosen career...how hard do you think you would work?

I'm afraid that was as feeble as we have been in a long time. Big fan of the gaffer but I place the blame completely and firmly at his door today. Yet again, he has made life easy for Neil Harris. Complete madness to approach the game in exactly the same way we did 6 months ago. Their whole team played with a cigar on, it was so easy for them.

Frankly, it's been awful at home all season so far (I'll ignore beating England's whipping boys in the cup, who could and probably should have been 2 up after 10 minutes). A major strategic rethink is needed by the gaffer for next Saturday, there is no such thing as home advantage at the moment so we need to regroup and try and play football that excites our players into action.

Bloody awful today.