PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Coronavirus science and statistics(no politics)

Ek2yFhkWAAU4LnY

Ek6nINTWkAABnq9

So now we have people being officially being counted more than once with a positive test.. anyone might think they are trying to keep the fear going !

Last edited:
Of course you did... :rolleyes:

It's literally in the post above yours.

You are obviously missing the point of the post.. which is that by May only a small fraction of the reported ICHT Covid admissions were new Covid admissions.

I post "HT QPR 0 PNE 1 DJ pen"

at 85 mins you post the team sheet and argue that my post is inaccurate.

Last edited:
You can catch it more than once. Are you saying people who have had cancer treatment shouldn't be tested after they've had the all clear?

No.. I am saying they shouldn't be included in the count as new "cases" or new Covid hospital admissions

Ek2yFhkWAAU4LnY

Ek6nINTWkAABnq9

So now we have people being officially being counted more than once with a positive test.. anyone might think they are trying to keep the fear going !

What are the stats for how many people are double counted due to the reporting periods and having positive tests more than once in multiple reporting periods? On paper the shortest incidence is 2 days i.e. concurrent days but what is the criteria for re-testing someone. If you test positive on a Tuesday are you then tested daily until you return a negative test?

I'm worried about the blue highlighter too, it only seems to highlight the section where it allegedly results in more cases but was broken and didn't work on the section that talked about them removing double counted cases

My concern isn’t necessarily increasing number of cases as we are testing many more but stories like those coming out of Liverpool that they are treating far more than at the earlier year peak.

Only hope is the treatments work better and we see more recoveries.

Can’t see anyway out of this other than a lockdown

My concern isn’t necessarily increasing number of cases as we are testing many more but stories like those coming out of Liverpool that they are treating far more than at the earlier year peak.

Agreed. The number of cases was a useful tool allowing us to put preparations in place, right now the number of hospitalisations (not necessarily ICU) would be the best indicator before inevitably we start to look towards the deaths as the Winter draws closer

It’s worth noting that I believe although ICU numbers are up a lot of them are getting treated with CPAP machines like they use for sleep apnea

Proving very effective and reducing the need to use the ventilatiors

It’s worth noting that I believe although ICU numbers are up a lot of them are getting treated with CPAP machines like they use for sleep apnea

Yeah earlier in the year it felt like ventilators were the only option and then these were so labour intensive and risky

I w
i saw something saying it was too counter-intuitive and too smart to be man made. Apparently the way it works is a little strange and human researchers would have developed something more obvious. I read that back in the mists of time (2 weeks ago or something) and I've no idea where I read it.
i wouldn’t be too sure about it being too smart to be man made ,

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but that is precisely what I needed back in March. There were two nights where I kept stopping breathing in my sleep having spent all day needing to focus on every single breath.

As OOOO3 says, at the time intubation was the only other option, and a nurse friend of mine told me (after I couldn't get through to NHS111) to do everything possible to stay out of hospital because if I went in I probably wouldn't come out again.