PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Golf!

Anyone seeing past Bryson in this? Demolishing the Golf Course in Practice

Bryson
Rory
Cantley (been through it and them some)
In that order as early shout

Anyone seeing past Bryson in this? Demolishing the Golf Course in Practice

Bryson
Rory
Cantley (been through it and them some)
In that order as early shout

Rory? Last won a major in 2014. I started this thread in 2016.

Rory? Last won a major in 2014. I started this thread in 2016.

Not sure of your point. I have him coming second.

You sure? Where did hear that?
It was on the bbc website alongside the video... apparently something of a tradition at the 16th during practice. Most of them have a go. To be honest, I'm surprised... such a 'mental' game, I would not want to be practising shanking it in the direction of the water!

Not sure of your point. I have him coming second.

Just a light hearted comment about Rory... He won Majors very young and in 2014 he was being held up as a dominant player who might challenge Niklaus / Tiger in terms of career majors. I can't now remember what triggered me to think he might not be the phenomenon that was made out - but it stuck in my mind that I created that thread, saying I wouldn't be surprised if he never won another major. That's all. I might be right, I might be wrong.

He does seem to be becoming more consistent again. COVID might even help, just changing the scene... with no crowds. Mid November conditions... might just shake him out of any mental baggage that might have build up. So... top 3 is certainly a possibility. I'm going to guess not again though. As for Dechambeau... he's a beast and clear favourite. But one thing with golf is that the best player wins perhaps less often than in a lot of other sports... so you never know.

I'd prefer Rory to win over Dechambeau. He's so focussed (got to admire that aspect)... but I don't like his demeanor (5Live said tonight that he has stated that Augusta is, to him, a par 67 because of his length off the tee). Big-headed git - and I don't like his hat :LOL:

It was on the bbc website alongside the video... apparently something of a tradition at the 16th during practice. Most of them have a go. To be honest, I'm surprised... such a 'mental' game, I would not want to be practising shanking it in the direction of the water!
They practice shots like that all the time, just not usually over water!

As you said, it always happens on the Wednesday, usually as a little exhibition for the spectators. Pretty sure the winner of the par 3 tournament has never followed up and won the main tournament so it’s a bit of a curse

Have done the Mad Scientist in the Skybet Hotshots market @ 8/1. Not usually a favourite backer but for every birdie or better that your player makes in the first round, you get. £1 free bet. There are four par fives at Augusta which should be nailed on birdies as he will be up in two. Last year he had nine birdies in the first round.
Have also backed him to eagle any par 5 in all 4 rounds @ 40/1. worth a punt at that price.
Course form is a major plus here so even though so even though Spieth has been out of form for a while, 66/1 is worth an E.W. punt for me seeing as they are paying out on the first 10 or 11.

They said that one of the par 5s is a drive and a wedge for him. Ridiculous! That hole alone might provide 2 of the eagles - and with that 40/1 bet, might provide a wedge for you!

Lol done it a million times. Quite embarrassing when it's your driver off the tee though and your shot bobbles 25 yards down the fairway after skimming the pond.

Just a light hearted comment about Rory... He won Majors very young and in 2014 he was being held up as a dominant player who might challenge Niklaus / Tiger in terms of career majors. I can't now remember what triggered me to think he might not be the phenomenon that was made out - but it stuck in my mind that I created that thread, saying I wouldn't be surprised if he never won another major. That's all. I might be right, I might be wrong.

He does seem to be becoming more consistent again. COVID might even help, just changing the scene... with no crowds. Mid November conditions... might just shake him out of any mental baggage that might have build up. So... top 3 is certainly a possibility. I'm going to guess not again though. As for Dechambeau... he's a beast and clear favourite. But one thing with golf is that the best player wins perhaps less often than in a lot of other sports... so you never know.

I'd prefer Rory to win over Dechambeau. He's so focussed (got to admire that aspect)... but I don't like his demeanor (5Live said tonight that he has stated that Augusta is, to him, a par 67 because of his length off the tee). Big-headed git - and I don't like his hat :LOL:

He needs to get a bowler :D

Have done the Mad Scientist in the Skybet Hotshots market @ 8/1. Not usually a favourite backer but for every birdie or better that your player makes in the first round, you get. £1 free bet. There are four par fives at Augusta which should be nailed on birdies as he will be up in two. Last year he had nine birdies in the first round.
Have also backed him to eagle any par 5 in all 4 rounds @ 40/1. worth a punt at that price.
Course form is a major plus here so even though so even though Spieth has been out of form for a while, 66/1 is worth an E.W. punt for me seeing as they are paying out on the first 10 or 11.
I like that (y)