PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

COVID Vaccine Poll

Will you get vaccinated?

• Yes - as soon as they ratify/license it

Votes: 24 22.6%
  • Yes - but not for 6 months till we've seen more research into it

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Yes - but not for a considerable time to understand it's side effects/effectiveness

Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Maybe - but only willing to consider it after much more research/investigations

Votes: 11 10.4%
  • No

Votes: 16 15.1%
  • Yes- but vaccinate those most at risk first

Votes: 44 41.5%

• Total voters
Why would they bother to make vaccination compulsory with all the attendant bad publicity and outrage? If you want to ensure very significant take up, you dont do it by compelling people you simply ensure that a range of activities, travel, events, insurances etc are contingent upon having been vaccinated: job done.
I don't know, that's why I said I'll be monitoring and quoting, ya 'boid.

Medical experts today were asked if it is time to ease the COVID lockdown.
Allergists were in favour of scratching it, but Dermatologists advised not to make any rash moves. Gastroenterologists had a sort of a gut feeling about it, but Neurologists thought the government had a lot of nerve. Obstetricians felt certain everyone was labouring under a misconception, while Ophthalmologists considered the idea short-sighted. Many Pathologists yelled, "Over my dead body!" while Paediatricians said, "Oh, grow up!" Psychiatrists thought the whole idea was madness, while Radiologists could see right through it. Surgeons decided to wash their hands of the whole thing and pharmacists claimed it would be a bitter pill to swallow.
Plastic Surgeons opined that this proposal would "put a whole new face on the matter." Podiatrists thought it was a step forward, but Urologists were pissed off at the whole idea. Anaesthetists thought the whole idea was gas, and Cardiologists didn’t have the heart to say no. In the end, the Proctologists won out, leaving the entire decision up to the assholes in politics.

It could be a bit like the flu vaccine. It should have very low numbers of small adverse reactions but a lot of people I speak to say they’ve had a cold because of it. They haven’t, they’ve just caught a cold - the same as they would without the flu vaccine.

Prof Bhakdi has some strong views about vaccinating healthy people.

Prof Bhakdi has some strong views about vaccinating healthy people.

If I was young and perfectly healthy, I’d have no hesitation in giving it a miss - if there was only me in the equation. However, I’m not, so I’ll have no hesitation in taking it up when my turn comes.

Having said that, if I was healthy I suppose if the people around me had the vaccine they’d be protected anyway and i would have a very small chance of passing it on.

So I guess in summary we're saying that
  • getting ADR reports is effectively a normal part of testing, and to be expected, and actually aids them to identify genuine side effects from "common occurrences"
  • even with a very small "standard" ADR rate, by having a wide "vaccinated population" this will generate more reports in a shorter timescale than a normal rollout of a vaccine following standard protocols
  • reporting and dissecting any data in an ideal world would be done as quickly and thoroughly as possible
  • we've asked for companies able to do that data crunching to build a system as our current one isn't designed to deal with the estimated peak
  • if they are going to identify any recurrent and possibly dangerous reactions/side effects we need to know as quickly and effectively as possible to halt the scheme whilst more deeper analysis is done

So one of the few times they appear to have put some thought and foresight into it and it's "ooh, this looks bad, they're going to kill us all"
The models where wrong, the lockdowns are destroying society and killing people, the tests are not fit for for purpose, track and trace a failure but I'm sure the vaccines will be absolutely fine.

You go first Jake

The models where wrong, the lockdowns are destroying society and killing people, the tests are not fit for for purpose, track and trace a failure but I'm sure the vaccines will be absolutely fine.

You go first Jake
Can't disagree with much of that.

But luckily Boris and Matt don't work for a pharmaceutical firm doing drug discovery and clinical trials.

You go first Jake

This is the first thing the Government ministers, politicians, Government Advisors, SAGE haven't had their fingers on and there is money at stake

YOUR TURN

(I like this game)

This is the first thing the Government ministers, politicians, Government Advisors, SAGE haven't had their fingers on and there is money at stake

YOUR TURN

(I like this game)

I forgot to add that Bill Gates Nanobots will let us into the Matrix so you know, it could be quite cool too

YOUR TURN

(I like this game)
I forgot to add that Bill Gates Nanobots will let us into the Matrix so you know, it could be quite cool too
'Game'? I'm glad your managing to amuse yourself. You are one strange bloke

Some people will always find something to complain about. So, some people will have mild side effects. Isn't better than getting full blown Covid?

I remember the old cholera jab when 90% had side effects, they were horrible. I had them, and it actually felt like full blown cholera for 24 hrs and people who took it where advised to take 24 hrs off work, which I did, and most of those 24 hrs were spent in bed feeling dreadful. It was still better than getting the full blown disease though.

So what a bunch of pussies crying about a 2% chance of a relatively mild reaction! 😭

'Game'? I'm glad your managing to amuse yourself. You are one strange bloke
All I’ve done is “counter argument” along with others about various posts today. I haven’t even suggested people should take the vaccine just argue what some people are saying isn’t strictly true including some of what you’ve posted. The only game has been where people try and slide out of what they’ve posted or twist and turn into whataboutery

YOUR TURN

(I like this game)

The government scientists who have provided misleading and partial information on Covid 19 have known links with the same companies tasked with creating a vaccine ? Why would anyone trusts these companies ?

All I’ve done is “counter argument” along with others about various posts today. I haven’t even suggested people should take the vaccine just argue what some people are saying isn’t strictly true including some of what you’ve posted. The only game has been where people try and slide out of what they’ve posted or twist and turn into whataboutery.
I think you could do to take some tips from pnewortham on how to counter argument, instead of trying to constantly score points in your little 'game'.

I think you could do to take some tips from pnewortham on how to counter argument, instead of trying to constantly score points in your little 'game'.
You could probably do well to see where he answers the questions first rather than running onto his next piece of misinformation

For context -

According to the CDC, mild side effects from the flu shot include soreness, redness or swelling at the injection site, low-grade fever and aches. Only about 1 percent to 2 percent of people who get a flu shot will have fever as a side effect, Schaffner said.

and:

Flu jab side-effects​

The flu jab is generally well tolerated and any side-effects are usually mild and improve in a couple of days. The injected flu vaccine doesn’t contain live virus and can’t give you flu.

Common flu jab side-effects include the following:
  • Headache
  • Aching muscles or joints
  • Fever
  • Feeling generally unwell
  • Sweating
  • Shivering
  • Fatigue
  • Pain, swelling, redness, bruising or at the injection site
If we assume every symptom like this gets reported as an ADR, then even at a 'normal' 1-2%, that's 600,000-1.2million adverse events across the 60m population.

Sounds scary, but would be 'entirely normal', and to be expected.
They don’t quote any figures yet just individual summaries experienced by some but it sounds like “hangover” may be common ground

If it was greater than 1-2%(not even sure if that is an average for all vaccines or may be a reasonable estimate for flu type vaccines) then given the much higher volumes of people due to be vaccinated then presumably they would be reigning it in if the rates were off the scale compared to a normal trial rather than pushing ahead