PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

COVID Vaccine Poll

Will you get vaccinated?

• Yes - as soon as they ratify/license it

Votes: 24 22.6%
  • Yes - but not for 6 months till we've seen more research into it

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Yes - but not for a considerable time to understand it's side effects/effectiveness

Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Maybe - but only willing to consider it after much more research/investigations

Votes: 11 10.4%
  • No

Votes: 16 15.1%
  • Yes- but vaccinate those most at risk first

Votes: 44 41.5%

• Total voters
Civil servants are the same. From councils to HMRC to the NHS, I can’t think of one government “service” that would survive in the commercial world. The NHS survives because of the dedication of its nurses and doctors, but the administrators and managers are generally of a very low standard and inefficient, mainly because they micro manage everything.
A couple of companies I’ve worked for won’t even consider civil servants and council workers for jobs.

What a load of bollocks! I've worked in both public and private sectors and know that you get good, bad and meh staff in both.

In my last job in the public sector I worked very closely on joint projects with different sizes of private sector companies. Some of the companies and their staff were very good; others were not so good, and some I couldn't trust to be competent and/or 100% honest.

The reality is that there are good and bad staff in both sectors, and plenty more who can be both good and bad depending on the day of the week or whatever.

I wonder if some private sector firms aversion to employing former public sector staff is that they come from a unionised workplace background.

What a load of bollocks! I've worked in both public and private sectors and know that you get good, bad and meh staff in both.

In my last job in the public sector I worked very closely on joint projects with different sizes of private sector companies. Some of the companies and their staff were very good; others were not so good, and some I couldn't trust to be competent and/or 100% honest.

The reality is that there are good and bad staff in both sectors, and plenty more who can be both good and bad depending on the day of the week or whatever.

I wonder if some private sector firms aversion to employing former public sector staff is that they come from a unionised workplace background.

This, well in my working life anyway.

Whether you want to have it or not, we should just be thankful to Donald Trump for giving us the option of a vaccine. We’d have had to wait an extra 5 years if it wasn’t for him. Everyone knows it.

Whether you want to have it or not, we should just be thankful to Donald Trump for giving us the option of a vaccine. We’d have had to wait an extra 5 years if it wasn’t for him. Everyone knows it.

A deluded individual. If anybody believes that they truly are gullible.

Absolutely correct. Ive worked in both public and private sectors and there is no difference in the distribution of the good, the bad and the indifferent. As it happens, Id rather trust public health teams across the country than SERCO when it comes to tracking and tracing. In fact Id rather trust almost any organisation other than those useless shysters. The private sector good, public sector bad mantra was bollocks when it was dreamed up and is bollocks now,

When the commission that statue for 'the Donald' wouldn't like to have to sculpt his hairstyle, fookin tough gig 🦸‍♂️

Here we go. I particularly liked the quote about these sites exploiting peoples fears. Get away. I thought thats whats happening every time I watch the PM press conferences and accompanying stats.

Last edited:
After saying I would not be getting the vaccine, I had my first jab a month ago. Doing the "right" thing etc etc...

I will not be getting the second or any subsequent boosters, as my initial fears were proved correct and my health has been absolutely decimated since.

After saying I would not be getting the vaccine, I had my first jab a month ago. Doing the "right" thing etc etc...

I will not be getting the second or any subsequent boosters, as my initial fears were proved correct and my health has been absolutely decimated since.
Was it the vaccine that did it? How would you prove that? But at least you're still alive.

Was it the AZ vaccine? If so, the second one shouldn’t give you serious side effects but you will have better immunity against COVID.