PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Ripley Scores!

I want the details of the Ripley goal please..... was it a Andy Lonergan long goal kick moment , or a “ Jimmy Glass “ last chance saloon - throw our goalie up for a corner in the 94th minute ??
"Ripley then added a freakish second goal with a wind-assisted clearance which bounced over the head of Burnley keeper Marc Richter" (from Burnley website).

It makes me so sad to think that a fluke goal in a completely pointless game becomes a talking point because its about as close as we get to being in competition with Burnley!! When will fate ever smile on our club, Blackpool and Burnley have both managed to manage to get to the Premier league without ever looking as close as we have been umpteen times ! Sorry to derail the thread but sometimes I get so bloody annoyed about it.

It makes me so sad to think that a fluke goal in a completely pointless game becomes a talking point because its about as close as we get to being in competition with Burnley!! When will fate ever smile on our club, Blackpool and Burnley have both managed to manage to get to the Premier league without ever looking as close as we have been umpteen times ! Sorry to derail the thread but sometimes I get so bloody annoyed about it.
I think it becomes a talking point because it’s funny. It’s not that deep tbh

looking at the pics on the BFC site and our twitter I can see Jack Baxter' Adam OReilly; Lewis Coulton; Vaughn Green and Jacob HW.

It seems we made a lot of subs when 2 up and then conceded 2 goals so presumably finished with the YT lads making up the team.

"Ripley then added a freakish second goal with a wind-assisted clearance which bounced over the head of Burnley keeper Marc Richter" (from Burnley website).
Cheers Schemer.... no bias from Burnley in that description then :rolleyes: