PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Transfer Window Overview - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
He should be in a good mood. His horse, Cloudy Glen, won at Cheltenham yesterday. Me, less so. I didn't have my money on. 😭😠
I'll correct my error. Trevor's horse won at Fontwell not Cheltenham.

Sounds like a bit of deadlock here...Browne Pearo & Davies could be gone in January unless new improved contracts offered. Dunno about DJ tho as I think he is happy to stay. Expect a bid for Davies from a Premiership club in window and cant see him staying.
thats either a heck of a lot of inside knowledge or a lot of guess work.... and ether way the new improved contracts have been offered and so its all back in the melting pot..... i think.....

Well fingers crossed. They're trying, at least. Riis, will hopefully be seen as a statement of intent too?
We've signed one striker for a fairly low price (not by our standards but in current times), I wouldn't consider that alone a signal of intent.

All 4 offers are considerable increases based on their current contracts plus what was originally offered earlier in the summer. I personally think all 4 could still earn more by signing for another championship club let alone a higher level

Think AN is only saying what we’ve been saying since the contract situations of BP, DJ, AB & BD were highlighted on here.
There has to be intent to sign between PNE & the players, the latter after consideration of contract terms offered by PNE.
If AN is now “hopeful” contracts of any of the above may be signed, we’d have to presume there has been a changed view of salary being offered to those players. In other words, realism towards current salaries offered elsewhere and also backing of the manager with a view to retaining valued squad members.
If an increased salary offer has been made to any/all of the above, surely this helps the player in terms of increased monies earned between now and a future transfer window, their position if negotiating a new contract elsewhere and also affords the club the protection against valued players leaving “for free.”
Perhaps those benefits have been explained to TH and both common and business sense have prevailed at last?

Well I would like them to stay
But if they haven't signed by january, let them go for what we can get
No use having players who don't want to stay
And like others who have left, they may not find the garss ia greener on the other side

Has everyone seen Fisher's piece in the LEP? He's quoted as saying:

On the subject of a new deal, Fisher said: “I’ve not really considered it, I haven’t had a conversation with the club yet.

“If there was a conversation then yes, I will see what happens.

This club 🙄 we just can't be arsed can we.

This club 🙄 we just can't be arsed can we.

Or alternatively Fisher is not being completely honest, making himself look a bit more available to drive his price up a bit whilst avoiding spoiling his repuation with supporters? I trust virtually nothing clubs and footballers say to the press - there is nearly always an angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.