PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Darnell loves a good tackle. (Charged by FA - Pg16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before the first picture was taken there was a football there to be won, there is no force in the first picture and the first picture has no intent.

Just because something is happening all the time doesnt make it acceptable.

If the two instances were the other way around you would be arguing the opposite point.
I categorically could not care less if someone was grabbing a Nobbers nob. I accept that it happens as part of the game.

As for the tackle, I could never defend it. The same way no one could defend the Ledson tackle away at Leeds just because it’s a Preston player.

He’s got both feet off the ground with one leg studs up at head height and flown in. A high foot is generally one leg planted with a foot reaching for the ball at head height, that’s fair enough. That wasn’t a high foot, it was a flying karate kick to the throat.

I categorically could not care less if someone was grabbing a Nobbers nob. I accept that it happens as part of the game.

As for the tackle, I could never defend it. The same way no one could defend the Ledson tackle away at Leeds just because it’s a Preston player.

He’s got both feet off the ground with one leg studs up at head height and flown in. A high foot is generally one leg planted with a foot reaching for the ball at head height, that’s fair enough. That wasn’t a high foot, it was a flying karate kick to the throat.
It was not a karate kick. It was almost identical to the one that Rafferty saw red for against Fulham last year and everyone said that was harsh.

The fact that you cant see an issue with genitals being grabbed says more about you than it does me

It was not a karate kick. It was almost identical to the one that Rafferty saw red for against Fulham last year and everyone said that was harsh.

The fact that you cant see an issue with genitals being grabbed says more about you than it does me

Why at that moment below do both feet come off the ground? He even stops just before contact and pauses for a second and weighs up his next move:

a) head the ball like a normal person would.
b) attempt to kick the ball but keep my standing foot on the ground (where it currently is), risking a high foot but potentially nipping it away from the opponent.
c) suddenly jump in the air with both feet off the ground and go in with my studs up at head height endangering the opponent.

As for the genitals comment, I can only assume you’ve never played competitive football past the age of 12. Clearly Paterson isn’t all that bothered...almost as if it happens all the time.

9AB3C02E-1E64-4F86-AD40-2678887F9A78.jpeg

Kicking someone clean in the throat is as much a part of the game as fondling someone’s gonads.

I guarantee there’s more bollock twisting goes on in the Championship than karate kicks, so I’d argue which one is more a part of the game.

Funny how such incidents have been rarely, if ever, spotted since Vinny did it then, isn’t it?

Was funny at the time, but looking back, it's silly. Such a vital player for us and he does something like that.

Funny how such incidents have been rarely, if ever, spotted since Vinny did it then, isn’t it?
A quick Google search will bring up plenty of times it’s happened across various leagues and these are only the ones who get openly caught.

Players will try and gain an advantage whichever way possible. They just don’t do it as open and obvious as Darnell did.

The big difference is that Windass us competing for the ball whichbis partner the game.

Fisher grabbed Patterson's genitals which isnt

Fisher was competing for the Balls. Maybe a partner for Life. You don't know.

Either way, Rumour is a new Shower routine is in Place. Fisher First the rest will wait till they get home.

But I seen some stuff posted thats not on, shows the level of Education in this country. He was called Nonce and Peado on Twitter.

Some people are taking great pleasure that one of our better players could be in line for a ban.

Not being funny but the bit in italics doesn’t answer my question. It’s assuming something happened with a sexual motivation behind it; I’m saying there wasn’t one in this case and therefore wondering if it counts as sexual assault.

Think it’s moot though, he’s probably going to get a ban.
I do think the whole 'sexual assault ' thing is a bit of a red herring. If you read that bit literally its not interested in motivation - its interested in consent. If someone invites me to touch their privates - that's OK :oops::oops: - if they don't its not.

I'm not sure it matters what's its called legally (I'm sure he won't go to Gaol or end up on a charge) - but in terms of the football authorities - they will call it something and give him a ban.

Might be the Daily Star but it’s their top headline on their site.....

Big ban coming from this😕

Yes but it does refer to the players as a pair and that Paterson was versatile. Pulis should be delighted that his striker was creating an impression in the oppositions box for a change.

Fisher was competing for the Balls. Maybe a partner for Life. You don't know.

Either way, Rumour is a new Shower routine is in Place. Fisher First the rest will wait till they get home.

But I seen some stuff posted thats not on, shows the level of Education in this country. He was called Nonce and Peado on Twitter.

Some people are taking great pleasure that one of our better players could be in line for a ban.

Yup, folk who have never really played contact sports to know what really goes on in the games being blinded by there crusade toward total sanitisation of the world and would rather Fisher was given a long ban rather than accept that it does go on because they have never encountered it.

If Patterson has an issue he should report it, if his club have an issue, they should report it, if the referee has an issue and it's within his remit he should report it and should be dealt with but for fans of PNE wanting it dealt with is pretty shit in my view.

Yup, folk who have never really played contact sports to know what really goes on in the games being blinded by there crusade toward total sanitisation of the world and would rather Fisher was given a long ban rather than accept that it does go on because they have never encountered it.

If Patterson has an issue he should report it, if his club have an issue, they should report it, if the referee has an issue and it's within his remit he should report it and should be dealt with but for fans of PNE wanting it dealt with is pretty shit in my view.
Excactly! In fact I don't think Patterson looked overly arsed, he just walked off, there was no angry reaction or anything like that. The can't do this an the can't do that brigade are all over this, as was expected. Just get on with it for fucks sake!

Another example of why the club have been looking for another right back. Excellent footballer but a disciplinary and injury accident waiting to happen. Can't see Trev being happy he has to pay his wages while he misses a large number of games for that.

So suggesting that grabbing peoples genitals without permission is sanitisation?

You're wrong in the head.

I couldnt give a flying fuck whether it has gone on for years or which team any player that does that is representing. All that is relevant is that it shouldn't be happening.

We don't normally agree on much, but you got this spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.