PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Darnell loves a good tackle. (Charged by FA - Pg16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was not a karate kick. It was almost identical to the one that Rafferty saw red for against Fulham last year and everyone said that was harsh.

The fact that you cant see an issue with genitals being grabbed says more about you than it does me

Sorry paddy that red card wasn’t ‘harsh.’ It’s one of the clearest reds you’ll see. Awful stupid challenge.

Also the challenge that raff Put in was knee height (still thought it was a red.) That challenge was chest height. If I was pulis I would be fining him for letting the team mates and fans down.

So suggesting that grabbing peoples genitals without permission is sanitisation?

You're wrong in the head.

I couldnt give a flying fuck whether it has gone on for years or which team any player that does that is representing. All that is relevant is that it shouldn't be happening.

And with respect Paddy I don't give a flying fuck about your opinion on this, it happens, live with it and if the person/people are genuinely bothered about it they should report it.

As for your comment about being right in the head I could ask you the same sometimes ?

Anyway that's me done I have my view you have yours so best keep our distance on this one.

It doesn't make it acceptable.

Girls getting their breasts and crotches grabbed at gigs and nightclub dance floors happens too.

Is that ok?

Nope, but both scenarios have been happening for decades and I don't have a solution. Maybe this situation with Darnell will precipitate one.

Nope, but both scenarios have been happening for decades and I don't have a solution. Maybe this situation with Darnell will precipitate one.
Its about educating people that grabbing other peoples genitals is unacceptable.

It comes from the parents, and schools.

Unfortunately, as is clear from the thread, too many people think it is just a bit of a laugh

Its about educating people that grabbing other peoples genitals is unacceptable.

Unfortunately, as is clear from the thread, too many people think it is just a bit of a laugh
The football pitch and everyday real life are two separate places. People are intelligent enough to separate the two.

The same way people play video games and watch films containing drugs, sex and violence but don’t go out raping and murdering themselves.

The only person who can say if there was an assault or not is Callum Paterson but given he’s a big, strapping, physical player something tells me he partakes in a few underhand tactics himself and we might not here a complaint.

The football pitch and everyday real life are two separate places. People are intelligent enough to separate the two.

The same way people play video games and watch films containing drugs, sex and violence but don’t go out raping and murdering themselves.

The only person who can say if there was an assault or not is Callum Paterson but given he’s a big, strapping, physical player something tells me he partakes in a few underhand tactics himself and we might not here a complaint.
Apologies I really appreciate you clarifying that. I didnt realise that football was exempt from the law.

I dont think it's a bit of a laugh and infact found it a very strange thing for a footballer to do but it does go on.

Rugby Union is another sport where such things happen.

I dont believe its sexual assault neither do I think it's going to lead to kids watching on going around grabbing other fellas privates.

Does that make it right, certainly not.

Thinking about it with a non biased head this morning I think he will end up getting charged by the FA.

Interesting reaction from a players point of view.

I'm sure this won't be looked upon as sexual assault as some have mentioned, but it would have been in many other work place situations, for example if someone did it to you while you were stood at a photocopier in an office.
Someone once fondled my genitals while I was at a photocopier. I didn't make a complaint, though, because she was an attractive, large breasted female. If it had been a bloke, I'd have complained good n proper.

I dont think it's a bit of a laugh and infact found it a very strange thing for a footballer to do but it does go on.

I dont believe its sexual assault, I dont think it's going to lead to kids watching on going around grabbing other fellas privates.

Thinking about it with a non biased head this morning I think he will end up getting charged by the FA.
Wasn't aimed at you JK.

My issue is that just because it does go on doesnt mean it should.

10 week ban recently issued in Rugby sent a strong message that it needs to stop.

Ryan Christie got a 2 game ban in January for violent conduct for similar. Id expect that at the very least.

Apologies I really appreciate you clarifying that. I didnt realise that football was exempt from the law.
There are plenty of things in sport that if you did in real life you would break the law.

Do the police wait for Lewis Hamilton at the finishing line for dangerous driving?

Did the police lock up Chris Morgan for the elbow on Iain Hume?

Do fencers get sent down for possession of a dangerous weapon?

The trick is to separate sport from real life. Football is theatre, like watching a movie. Underhand tactics are part of the game, it won’t stop, ever.

Wasn't aimed at you JK.

My issue is that just because it does go on doesnt mean it should.

10 week ban recently issued in Rugby sent a strong message that it needs to stop.

Ryan Christie got a 2 game ban in January for violent conduct for similar. Id expect that at the very least.
Will depend on the referees report.

From the pictures it looks like he has seen it and decided to take no action.

If that is what he puts in his report they can't give retrospective action.

If he doesn't mention it at all (which I suspect) that's when a charge will likely come.

is this not being blown out of proportion, he already has his hand/arm out could he not just be tapping him, that he makes contact with his knob is accidental?

be very disappointed if something more comes of this

I dont believe its sexual assault neither do I think it's going to lead to kids watching on going around grabbing other fellas privates.

Does that make it right, certainly not.

Interesting reaction from a players point of view.

I fear your right JK, trial by media seems to be the order of the day these days and latched onto like a limpet by the PB brigade and will lead to a ban for Fisher.

All this will go on no doubt without consultation with Patterson.

You mention Rugby Union and how long before a 6.5" 18 stone bruiser complains that one of his team mates has sexually assaulted him because the tips of his fingers touched his winky when they were forming a scrum and usual practice is to grab the front of your team mates shorts to latch on and that may involve your fingers entering the shorts.

When asked why he complained after all these years he declared that the team mate 'had not asked his verbal or written permission to engage with him in this way'. 😀

It's all about context and scenario and one size doesn't always fit all or at least it was.

Anyway 1-0 to the PC brigade and the rest of us suffer for their offended feelings.

The thing about the Fisher incident is the way he goes about it, you think if a striker has a central defender climbing on his back he may put his hand behind his back and grab a handful to make him get off.

Looking at the photo of Fisher it looks more like a doctor doing a close up examination.

1C99394E-72DF-4B48-8A8D-4B7D8B7520D0.jpeg1C99394E-72DF-4B48-8A8D-4B7D8B7520D0.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.