PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

This corona virus thing...

Rubbish, they don't even know if the vaccine will stop you spreading it, they don't even know how long it will protect you for.

Wow. The anti-vaxxers really got a grip on you!
I am in the camp that isn’t beating the door down to get to the front of the injection queue. I will be seeking more information.

But your reply screams of a closed mind on this - and an apparent zeal to spread your mantra.

That clearly and scientifically counters what I said.
I am absolutely certain that a news article announcing the Pfizer results clearly stated it’s unsuitability for people on immunosuppressive drugs. I am also >95% sure I heard a radio report saying that solutions for such people were coming.

I am in no position to know where the truth lies. Hopefully the fact that you have a credible written reference means you’re right!
I am on 2 powerful immunosuppressants (methotrexate and adalinumab) so I hope I am correct.

I am in the camp that isn’t beating the door down to get to the front of the injection queue. I will be seeking more information.

But your reply screams of a closed mind on this - and an apparent zeal to spread your mantra.

Frankly, if youre over 60, youre nearer to the grave and generally you might expect to have a greater sense of your pemding mortality. The risk of a heart attack, cancer or early dementia might be concerning you far more. So, taking the vaccine that has passed normal tests might be the least of your growing worries and seem to be a logical risk based decision given the disproportionate risk the disease itself poses to you.

If youre in your 20s, I can see why you might want to pause and be reticent

I`ll be blunt here, I look back at history and if those guys who fought in the world wars had the same attitude as some on here, "Im not going it might be dangerous!" god knows where we would be now..

I`ll have the vaccine as soon as its available, not a problem at all.

Frankly, if youre over 60, youre nearer to the grave and generally you might expect to have a greater sense of your mortality. The risk of a heart attack, cancer or early dementia might be concerning you far more. So, taking the vaccine that has passed normal tests might be the least of your growing worries and seem to be a logical risk based decision given the disproportionate risk the disease itself poses to you.

If youre in your 20s, I can see why you might want to pause and be reticent

Spot on for me. Ultimately I am very likely to take it pretty much for the reasons you give - the balance of risks. I am a lot more concerned about being sure it’s safe for the younger generation.

Not in the antivax corner at all , I am the one asking the questions for more information which i have and have found that they do not know many things about the side effects which may take years before they know the true extent fully of these vaccines .
From what i have heard and read from both sides of the argument there is still many questions to be asked.

If that makes me an anti- vaxer so be it .

I`ll be blunt here, I look back at history and if those guys who fought in the world wars had the same attitude as some on here, "Im not going it might be dangerous!" god knows where we would be now..

Conversely, when we were faced with war, we didnt say, oh no, we cant go because theres a risk the hospitals might overflow. This is a major health crisis, but we expect the risk to life to remain broadly the same.

Good for you, as an ex service man who has fought in battle i take offence to your comment. They used to say cigarettes were good for you at one time as well keep puffing.

Good for you, as an ex service man who has fought in battle i take offence to your comment. They used to say cigarettes were good for you at one time as well keep puffing.
snowflake :)

some of us knew that was bullshit and didnt waste their money on them, sadly I lost both my Mum and Dad to smokoking related illnesses, way too early.

but im not offended at your comment.

Not in the antivax corner at all , I am the one asking the questions for more information which i have and have found that they do not know many things about the side effects which may take years before they know the true extent fully of these vaccines .
From what i have heard and read from both sides of the argument there is still many questions to be asked.

If that makes me an anti- vaxer so be it .

I read your post again and (whilst I won’t be giving you top marks for being measured and proportionate) it wasn’t quite as one-eyed as I first thought- so I row back on the sharpness of my last post, with due apologies.

They used to say cigarettes were good for you at one time as well keep puffing.

At one and three ha'pence for 20 and a bird thrown in, who could resist?

various-shutterstock-editorial-4548422a.jpg

By the same token raefil if our soldiers acted like the mardy woke brigade, the Germans would have merely needed to call names and they all would have sat there crying and protesting.

By the same token raefil if our soldiers acted like the mardy woke brigade, the Germans would have merely needed to call names and they all would have sat there crying and protesting.
Woke:- It means to be awake to issues of social justice and racial justice. How does this make someone mardy?

That's the problem, though - this debate about vaccines has now become polarised, like pretty much any other debate we seem to have at the moment. People with genuine concerns about the vaccine (and there are many legitimate ones) are called selfish or lumped together with hardcore anti-vaxxers - and the same from the other side, of course.

At this moment in time, I won't be taking the vaccine because my personal assessment suggests that the risks outweigh the benefits. Once I see some research that I can analyse and check for myself, I might change my mind. Or, I may not.

In previous debates, people have been criticised for not checking things for themselves and believing everything they read. Now, people are being criticised for not believing what they read and wanting to check things :D :p

Not a dig at you, btw - just jumped on your comment