PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - PNE v The Plastics - 24/11/2020 - KO:19:45 - Championship

Getting bored of my half time review being ‘Fisher and Ledson have been decent, DJ and Browne have been shit. Less said about the rest the better.’

Even Ledson has been quiet today.

They're a technical side James, we're not, I can cope with them having the ball, imo, they haven't caused us too many major worries - one flashed across the box and Armstrong chance, but we've had the DJ chance just before the fucking pen.

Sometimes you can set up like this. But if that is how we're approaching it I want to see a lot more from riiiiis and barky, unfortunately for Sinclair he's had a lot of defending on his plate but in general their possession isn't to me the major issue.
Completely disagree. They've had way too much time on the ball and their possession, unlike ours in a normal game, actually gets them forward. They've created way more than we've ever created at home.

We are not good to watch. Long ball stuff these days at home and its not even producing the points. Rovers are so much more mobile, prepared to run forward with the ball, pass forward, move into space etc. We are just crap and one dimensional.

I know there's much debate about who are biggest Rivals are, but for me, This is the one. I will be slaughtered at work tomorrow, and rightly so. Unfortuantely it looks like Alex Neil and his players couldn't give a toss. The dour, miserable excuse ridden pillock has to go for me. The football is absolutely attrocious. Dullest team to watch in the Football league North End.

This is utter garbage. Until Johnson's dithering in the box, we'd had 1 shot on target in a game and a half at home, 70 minutes of which was against 10 men. Neil was a breath of fresh air for a while with his positivity but I find it hard to watch us at home now. It's been going on for too long and it isn't even close to being good enough. For me, he needs a big second half. There was so much wrong in the first half that I don't know where to start.

That was obviously disappointing. We were second best even with eleven men - all we did when we got the ball was punt it upfield. Johnson was too far forward - he needs to be playing through balls not chasing them. Sinclair has been utterly wasted way out wide. In a sense the penalty was harsh - their player actually reached back and grabbed Rafferty's shirt and I actually didn't see anything from Rafferty that looked like a pull or a trip. But even then you saw that we lacked pace at the back. But another point if an opposing player is clean through in the penalty it is still utter folly to foul him because you give the opposition a penalty from which they will almost certainly score and you lose a man. Why not let the opposition player continue because he will still have to beat the keeper and with a defender on his tail he won't have the luxury of taking his time. Anyhow this game is not yet over - we need to go three at the back and get Stockley on upfront. Frankly I might sacrifice Fisher and Johnson for Storey and Stockley. We can still get something from this.

They will be glad fans can’t go on - the atmosphere would be poison. Talk about a rock and a hard place...

TH gets rid of Neil - it’s irrelevant who we get in because they’ve fuck all to play with.

The blame is with both of them - TH trying to scrimp through the league and clearly completely out of touch with modern football. AN has now completely lost it and just cannot get anything out of this squad.

There is so much wrong with the squad itself - it’s embarrassing. We have players that just are not good enough for this league. The true quality and nature of what we have is being exposed, it can no longer be put down to form - this is it. The only way Neil is going is if we drop into the relegation places.