PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Neil’s post match comments

In the comments the manager seems to be taking much of the flak.

However, I refer to this tweet from a poster that I respect :

Specifically
"Are they playing for him?"

Although I have never strayed into this area before, it has crossed my mind more than once that there is limited advantage in a lot of the players reaching the play-offs. Last year and the year before I considered this point.

It didn't used to be this way. The two main changes for me are i) EPL quality gap and ii) influence of agents

Er, nether for me. Agents are always wanting the best for their players right? That's part of their job. Quality gap?? If you've anythin about you, you wanna play at the highest level. Being in the top 6 is going to attract more attention than being 14th. I mean apart from the Rangers interest which has since simmered an a few scares regarding Davies, nobody is actually banging on our door are they?! An if we are still floating around mid table or even worse, hovering just above the drop zone, I don't think the so called big 4 will go anywhere. There's better players out there who are affordable to bigger clubs.

Er, nether for me. Agents are always wanting the best for their players right? That's part of their job. Quality gap?? If you've anythin about you, you wanna play at the highest level. Being in the top 6 is going to attract more attention than being 14th. I mean apart from the Rangers interest which has since simmered an a few scares regarding Davies, nobody is actually banging on our door are they?! An if we are still floating around mid table or even worse, hovering just above the drop zone, I don't think the so called big 4 will go anywhere. There's better players out there who are affordable to bigger clubs.
We don't know whether any other clubs are interested in our players but if we are mid table or below at Christmas I think some of our "better" players would soon jump ship if anybody came in with a better financial deal (not difficult when you see our wage policy)

We don't know whether any other clubs are interested in our players but if we are mid table or below at Christmas I think some of our "better" players would soon jump ship if anybody came in with a better financial deal (not difficult when you see our wage policy)
Well there is that side of the scenario Baldy, on current viewing though I wouldn't be gettin the checkbook out for any of them

he did indeed.

along with basically saying the players arent good enough.

So it seems the players wanted to go for it but Alexc Neil said no.

Somebody is concerned only about his own position rather than risking a drubbing going down fighting.
Yet there are a minority of fans that are fighting Neil's corner, some posts I've read seem to be as though they are more concerned about his career than the current state of our club and still of the opinion that we are better off with him, I get that it's all about opinions and debate but some of the stuff is just weird.

Yet there are a minority of fans that are fighting Neil's corner, some posts I've read seem to be as though they are more concerned about his career than the current state of our club and still of the opinion that we are better off with him, I get that it's all about opinions and debate but some of the stuff is just weird.
We don't know what view on Neil's job is a majority or minority view. Neil out is certainly the majority view on this forum but this forum and other social media platforms don't always accurately reflect what the majority think.

I'm worried about the state of the club but I know that, whilst eventually a fresh start for all parties may be of benefit to all, changing manager now isn't going to solve all of our problems overnight. The big problems at the club run much deeper than who is in the technical area.

He said the personnel weren’t able to play out from the back. I hardly see anyone coming back to the team who can. Davies is ok but hardly able to pick a pass, pearson slows play down and constantly checks back and Hughes........

Our system stifles creativity. We’ve been hearing for weeks teams sit back against us and it makes it difficult to break down. Let’s be honest Blackburn came in the front foot and took the game to us and we couldn’t cope.

manager looking to leave but with a payout, players looking to leave, obvious there is an issue between players and management, mediocre players it’s looking bleak.

He said the personnel weren’t able to play out from the back. I hardly see anyone coming back to the team who can. Davies is ok but hardly able to pick a pass, pearson slows play down and constantly checks back and Hughes........

Our system stifles creativity. We’ve been hearing for weeks teams sit back against us and it makes it difficult to break down. Let’s be honest Blackburn came in the front foot and took the game to us and we couldn’t cope.

manager looking to leave but with a payout, players looking to leave, obvious there is an issue between players and management, mediocre players it’s looking bleak.
Yea I don’t understand the comment that because we had 4 right footers at the back we couldn’t pass out. Surely even one foot they can pass it to the midfielders ? Maybe our tactics are so rigid that they are told to hoof it up field to our single target man, whose best attribute is not holding the ball up ?. We looked like a L2 side against a Premier League outfit. Surely we can do better ?

Yea I don’t understand the comment that because we had 4 right footers at the back we couldn’t pass out. Surely even one foot they can pass it to the midfielders ? Maybe our tactics are so rigid that they are told to hoof it up field to our single target man, whose best attribute is not holding the ball up ?. We looked like a L2 side against a Premier League outfit. Surely we can do better ?

He complained after Rotherham away that we didn't have enough balance at the back yet had Earl sat on bench without explanation.

Weird.

He complained after Rotherham away that we didn't have enough balance at the back yet had Earl sat on bench without explanation.

Weird.
Earl is now out injured though, was not on the bench in the defeat the other night. So was probably put back in to the squad too soon which would seem very strange, but the reason for him not being used as AN knew he still was not match fit?

Last edited:
To win a football match you have to score more than the other team.
This requires some ability in both defence and attack.
If you instruct your team not to attack, this makes winning a moot point, and to my mind is absolutely unforgivable.
I’ve supported AN in the past but for many reasons that have been discussed on here no longer feel he is fit for purpose.

It looks to me like AN has personal interests above those of the team/ club in that he wants out but is trying to keep his stock level high so when vacancies arise he's considered.
But the 'try to stop them scoring and maybe nick one' philosophy is failing on all counts.
He won't resign and TH won't pay him off.
In the meantime players (stifled) and fans (pissed off) suffer.
Unless he goes there'll be a mass exodus of both.

The frustrating thing is that of the 'better' players Davies and Pearson have been unfit, Fisher has spent most of the time either injured or getting stupid suspensions and Browne has been OK no more no less. I was buzzing when DJ stayed after looking to be on his way to Rangers but his form this season has been extremely disappointing. Was hoping they would sign and if not at least give us one good final season.
At the moment neither is happening.