PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Neil OUT

Neil Out?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Neil has come to the conclusion that with key players missing (Pearson, Davies) or underperforming (DJ) we don’t have the quality to go all out attack against good teams. Due to our lack of strength in depth he is in damage limitation mode.
It's working a treat.

If we lose going after the opposition or playing attacking football I think most fans would be understanding, it's the losing as well as being shit to watch with no attacking intent that has people's backs up.

Yes football is a results based business but every now and then AN needs to throw caution to the wind, which he seems to have stopped doing unless we're 1 or 2 down.

I remember his first game in charge and we went after the opposition from the start and everyone was excited, we rarely see that these days.

History dictates he won't change though so eventually push comes to shove.
Hull away that first season when he went for it and we got a late winner...what a breath of fresh air he was. What has happened to that manager? I'd take that version of Alex Neil any day, but not the shadow we currently have.

Come on now. Our squad is rubbish. At Champ level it is one of our worst ever. Ripley, Earl, Harrop, Bodin, old Hunts, Bauer, Old Gally, Stockley, Storey, Maguire, Bayliss, Rafferty. They get nowhere near the team in our previous Champ teams that have done well. We have a squad full of crap with a sprinkling of decent players. The teams that made the play offs would absolutely murder the current side.
Rubbish but still managed to get so high up the league last autumn. And without Sinclair or Riis. You can't have it both ways. Obvious to everyone that we are playing totally differently these days. Something has to change.

Hull away that first season when he went for it and we got a late winner...what a breath of fresh air he was. What has happened to that manager? I'd take that version of Alex Neil any day, but not the shadow we currently have.
I went to that game and have been thinking exactly the same. At the time I was so enthused and thinking maybe, just maybe, at long last.......Should have known better!

I think it is far worse. Medal winner had a load of cr@p players so it was expected. We have the best squad for years so I think it is the worst we have played since Craig Brown was manager v Palace away and then Peters v Grimsby away.

I’d add most Brown away games apart from West Ham.

You on about the two nil game at Palace just after Christmas? Tommy Black got both.

Completely get that the home form is shit, but I do find it strange that, whilst slagging the home form, people completely ignore the fact that we’ve done well away from home and put in some good performances.

Mentality? 2-0 down v Brentford. Win 4-2.

3-0 win away at Reading. Missed pen.

Huddersfield. Could have been 5.

They can’t be ignored in my opinion.
Brentford I’ll give you that.

Reading are shite and had played the leagues supposed weaker teams whilst having an incredible goal to shot ratio. Think many teams have battered them since. Prior to the pen they missed some sitters.

Huddersfield had only 3 less shots and were down to 10men so they gave up in the last 15 minutes as has been discussed on here when you are down to 10 men. A team with 11 may easily have had a few more shots and equalised.

Others:
QPR - dross until the first pen. Scored 2 pens.
Rotherham - poor, needed a fairly long range effort to get back in it then chucked it away with poor defending.

Come on now. Our squad is rubbish. At Champ level it is one of our worst ever. Ripley, Earl, Harrop, Bodin, old Hunts, Bauer, Old Gally, Stockley, Storey, Maguire, Bayliss, Rafferty. They get nowhere near the team in our previous Champ teams that have done well. We have a squad full of crap with a sprinkling of decent players. The teams that made the play offs would absolutely murder the current side.
Rudd, Fisher, Davies, Bauer (playing poorly right now), Barkhuizen, Browne, Pearson, Ledson, DJ, Sinclair, Maguire, Riis would all attract Championship interest if they were made available.

Yes we have had better squads in the past. But with those players available bar Riis for the last 12 months, we should be doing better.

Our record in the last 12 months is played 42, won 14, drawn 9, lost 19. That averages 56 points over a season, which would be our worst points tally since returning to the league. I believe with the players available, we're better than that.

Rudd, Fisher, Davies, Bauer (playing poorly right now), Barkhuizen, Browne, Pearson, Ledson, DJ, Sinclair, Maguire, Riis would all attract Championship interest if they were made available.

Yes we have had better squads in the past. But with those players available bar Riis for the last 12 months, we should be doing better.

Our record in the last 12 months is played 42, won 14, drawn 9, lost 19. That averages 56 points over a season, which would be our worst points tally since returning to the league. I believe with the players available, we're better than that.
Totally agree.
Some good Championship players in a squad that was challenging for top six.
For some reason the wheels have completely come off. Fortress Deepdale is now a happy hunting ground for opposition teams and the high press game we played is now just a distant memory.
Apart from the odd decent performance, we look a shadow of the team that had us top of the league ( albeit very briefly) last season with genuine promotion aspirations.
We've got a manager who was on the radar of bigger Championship clubs due to the football and results being produced by his team and from a squad that in today terms cost the square root of fuck all.
Every team has bad spells but 14 wins from the last 42 games suggests it's more than a blip and has become a major cause for concern.
I still think the owner should shoulder a lot of the blame for not backing the manager as much as he should of and at a time when investment could well have got us over the line.
So, is the reason we're struggling so badly down to the manager, the players, the owner or a combination of all three?
Have we just been found out by the other teams in this division or is it just the fact we've been punching above our weight for so long and reality has now kicked in?
I don't think we're in danger of relegation because results will pick up (won't they?) and there are worse teams than us but we can kiss goodbye to being anywhere close to the play offs. I now think we're lower mid table at best which might be where we now are as a team and we've previously flattered to deceive.
I'd just like to see us give it a go. Tuesday's performance was unacceptable and the fact the manager told the players not to have a go at 2-0 down has boggled my mind.
Watch us now tear watford and Bournemouth a new one.🤣

What the manager said when two nil down is nothing short of a disgrace, its not really an isolated incident. Sheffield Wednesday at home, they are on a terrible run and also down to ten men, times ticking on and the score is 0-0 they get a rare corner so send the big lads up, you immediately think, chance to catch them on the break here as we have had no luck breaking them down, Every single pne player back defending!!!!!! Its bloody laughable ! Compare that to how well Rovers sorted us when we lost a man, its like comparing men and boys.

Compare and contrast with Hull away last season. Another case of ‘running up the white flag’ :(

Record is awful. And yes we do have a good first team (squad on a whole
Isn’t that great.

however just looking at both sides. Davies/Pearson/DJ/fisher have been in and out of the team due to injury.

And all four plus Browne are out of contract in the summer. People comparing the team to this time last year but we are in a totally different situation now. At the moment five of our first team 11 are leaving at the end of the season.

The full backs we have (bar fisher) are shocking. Earl is a prospect but I still don’t think he’s ready to start week in week out in this division.

I was angry Tuesday night and am frustrated by Niels tactics. But looking at the bigger picture - the problems at the club are much more than just the manager.

I think we need a fresh start which is why Alex Neil should go for me. But anybody who feels we are going to storm up the league are kidding themselves. Yes we was top for a day last season (apparently that means we should have been challenging for the title according to some) but now we are in a situation where 5 of our players will be leaving in June currently. This is unforgivable.

We need to try and get two or three of these players tied down so they can concentrate on their football and put in the performances we know they are capable off.

People seem to be directing their frustration at Niel and understandingly so but let’s not forget next summer we will have an even bigger problem no matter who is manager.

Well they sacked their manager and lost their next two so they are almost at the 3 game mark.
They have announced that their master tactician (Rooney) will not be playing on Saturday but will be stand in manager. They have therefor no worries as the problem is fixed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.