PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Golf!

Give us a clue what were supposed to be offended by please
If you look at the article, like the rest of the coverage of the event it was all about Tiger and his son. They came 7th. 6 other dads and sons finished ahead of them including Vijay Singh.
Strikes me they’re meant to report on the sport, not the person.

If you look at the article, like the rest of the coverage of the event it was all about Tiger and his son. They came 7th. 6 other dads and sons finished ahead of them including Vijay Singh.
Im still not sure what to be offended about?

Im still not sure what to be offended about?
There’s nothing to be offended about you weirdo!
I’m wondering why they haven’t focused on some of the other golfers. You know, the ones playing with their sons/fathers/daughters who finished in higher placings in this tournament.

It is tired journalism. Having said that, his son looks a handy golfer.

And already, the Masters is round again and coming to a conclusion. Watched a reasonable amount this year. Justi Rose has been painful to watch after his opening round 65. But somehow, despite playing a lot of awful shots, he’s managed to grit it out and stay in contention.

Back nine yesterday- kept thinking his head had gone as he missed fairways and greens by an absolute mile. But without anything particularly spectacular, he hung in there to be joint 2nd. He’ll have to rediscover the magic if he wants to win.

And already, the Masters is round again and coming to a conclusion. Watched a reasonable amount this year. Justi Rose has been painful to watch after his opening round 65. But somehow, despite playing a lot of awful shots, he’s managed to grit it out and stay in contention.

Back nine yesterday- kept thinking his head had gone as he missed fairways and greens by an absolute mile. But without anything particularly spectacular, he hung in there to be joint 2nd. He’ll have to rediscover the magic if he wants to win.
Watched most of it myself Reg.... I agree about Rose, even on the 18th he sunk about a 25 footer to save his par !!

Just before the start of the 3rd round I had a cheeky quid on Matsayuma at 18/1 - long way to go yet though !!

I’m not a big fan of Small forest.... I never quite got the love in with him.

Even now they talk about him like he was some sort of god....

I still don’t get why he hasn’t been charged for driving his car over a cliff when he was travelling at twice the speed limit.

If Matsuyama carries on like he finished yesterday fair play to him

This looked much healthier on Saturday morning

BA199178-AF6E-453E-903E-36AE59E9B8E7.jpeg

View attachment 3511
I think that Rose is still in with a shout.... The Masters is not like normal golf tournaments is it ??

Rose is currently 8/1 and Speith 16/1 - both will be there or thereabouts.

View attachment 3511
Good work. But please tell me you never Cash Out. It is the Devil's Betting.

I have a Cloth Cap/Speith double this weekend. All looking good so far.......😂

One of my Daughters though did pick Rachael yesterday so all is not lost. Suspect that will get spent on shoes however!!

Watched most of it myself Reg.... I agree about Rose, even on the 18th he sunk about a 25 footer to save his par !!

Just before the start of the 3rd round I had a cheeky quid on Matsayuma at 18/1 - long way to go yet though !!
That was a particularly good putt. There was bunker shot he played that would class as pretty spectacular now I think about it.

What made you plump for Matsayuma?

One to play, and not too much excitement - occasionally Matsayama gave a sniff to the others, but when that happened, it soon disappeared. He's played superbly... although if the winning margin is less than 3, I reckon he can look back on the par 5 13th as a massive piece of luck that got him there. Terrible drive clattered deep in the trees and crashed into something and somehow bounced at a huge angle to just about reach the grass... from where he played another terrible shot that could easily have been lost in the bushes but bounced on a bank. Then one beautiful chip and suddenly he's knocking it in for a birdie. Unbelievable!

Actually, now just splashed out of a bunker on the 18th so has 2 putts to win it from not far away. Start planning how to spend your winnings :D

One to play, and not too much excitement - occasionally Matsayama gave a sniff to the others, but when that happened, it soon disappeared. He's played superbly... although if the winning margin is less than 3, I reckon he can look back on the par 5 13th as a massive piece of luck that got him there. Terrible drive clattered deep in the trees and crashed into something and somehow bounced at a huge angle to just about reach the grass... from where he played another terrible shot that could easily have been lost in the bushes but bounced on a bank. Then one beautiful chip and suddenly he's knocking it in for a birdie. Unbelievable!

Actually, now just splashed out of a bunker on the 18th so has 2 putts to win it from not far away. Start planning how to spend your winnings :D
Yeah, it was quite uneventful wasn’t it Reg... even though I had a bet on Matsayuma I was rooting for Zalatoris to catch him and make it more exciting..

The 18 pounds isn’t gonna change my life Reg , however, it will probably be used to get 3 bottles of my favourite Red from Tesco..

The problem with me , is that I never bet big, therefore I never win big

Yeah, it was quite uneventful wasn’t it Reg... even though I had a bet on Matsayuma I was rooting for Zalatoris to catch him and make it more exciting..

The 18 pounds isn’t gonna change my life Reg , however, it will probably be used to get 3 bottles of my favourite Red from Tesco..

You don’t lose big either. Betting is for fun not for paying the mortgage so you do right imo.

Enjoy the wine! 😀

Seriously not a ‘problem’ that you bet ‘fun’, easily affordable amounts - you should be patting yourself on the back for your commendable self-control with gambling. Well done.

But let’s now turn to your alcohol problem... 😂

Are we going to get the oldest ever winner of a Major? Big Phil Mickelson is 5 shots clear with 6 to play. He just put it in the water at 13 though... so very likely to drop one (at least). But all the other contenders are having shockers.

2 shots in it now... 2 to play. Edit... sorry... Mickelson had 3 to play, and just birdied it... so a lead of 3 with 2 to play.

Last edited: