PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Political Correctness

It Snowed Last Night

8:00 am: I made a snowman.

8:10 - A feminist passed by and asked me why I didn't make a snow woman.

8:15 - So, I made a snow woman.

8:17 - My feminist neighbor complained about the snow woman's voluptuous chest saying it objectified snow women everywhere.

8:20 - The gay couple living nearby threw a hissy fit and moaned it could have been two snow men instead.

8:22 - The transgender man..women...person asked why I didn't just make one snow person with detachable parts.

8:25 - The vegans at the end of the lane complained about the carrot nose, as veggies are food and not to decorate snow figures with.

8:28 - I was being called a racist because the snow couple is white.

8:31 - The middle eastern gent across the road demanded the snow woman be covered up.

8:40 - The Police arrived saying someone had been offended.

8:42 - The feminist neighbour complained again that the broomstick of the snow woman needed to be removed because it depicted women in a domestic role.

8:43 - The council equality officer arrived and threatened me with eviction.

8:45 - TV news crews from BBC, ITV, CNN and SKY showed up. I was asked if I know the difference between snowmen and snow-women?
I replied "Snowballs" and am now called a sexist.

9:00 - I was on the News as a suspected terrorist, racist, homophobe sensibility offender, bent on stirring up trouble during difficult weather.

9:10 - I was asked if I have any accomplices. My children were taken by social services.

9:29 - Far left protesters offended by everything marched down the street demanding for me to be arrested.

By Noon it had all melted

Moral:
There is no moral to this story.
It is exactly what we have become.....all caused by Snowflakes.

😘

It Snowed Last Night

8:17 - My feminist neighbor complained about the snow woman's voluptuous chest saying it objectified snow women everywhere.

8:20 - The gay couple living nearby threw a hissy fit and moaned it could have been two snow men instead.

8:22 - The transgender man..women...person asked why I didn't just make one snow person with detachable parts.

8:25 - The vegans at the end of the lane complained about the carrot nose, as veggies are food and not to decorate snow figures with.

8:31 - The middle eastern gent across the road demanded the snow woman be covered up.

8:42 - The feminist neighbour complained again that the broomstick of the snow woman needed to be removed because it depicted women in a domestic role.

8:45 - TV news crews from BBC, ITV, CNN and SKY showed up. I was asked if I know the difference between snowmen and snow-women?

9:00 - I was on the News as a suspected terrorist, racist, homophobe sensibility offender, bent on stirring up trouble during difficult weather.

9:10 - I was asked if I have any accomplices. My children were taken by social services.

9:29 - Far left protesters offended by everything marched down the street demanding for me to be arrested.

Moral:

😘

So whats the solution?

So whats the solution?
No idea. I think we’re all guilty of it at times but reading the comments section in that Times article really caused me to think. It wasn’t the worst I’ve read but it seems to me that social media has exacerbated divisions and further polarised, already opposed, opinions.
Everyone wants to share their opinion and seems to rub their hands at the first opportunity to be offended. Ever increasing emphasis on how diverse we are are and how each of us has different needs should be bringing us together or so people seemed to think. Yet instead it seems to be pulling us apart.

We are all part of humanity. That is what unites us. It seems emphasising our uniqueness is promoting separation.

No idea. I think we’re all guilty of it at times but reading the comments section in that Times article really caused me to think. It wasn’t the worst I’ve read but it seems to me that social media has exacerbated divisions and further polarised, already opposed, opinions.
Everyone wants to share their opinion and seems to rub their hands at the first opportunity to be offended. Ever increasing emphasis on how diverse we are are and how each of us has different needs should be bringing us together or so people seemed to think. Yet instead it seems to be pulling us apart.

We are all part of humanity. That is what unites us. It seems emphasising our uniqueness is promoting separation.

Isnt part of it that many of us now have too much spare time to ruminate and a lot of the discourse is hot air. Im not sure it materially affects many of us one way or the other in our day to day. But its being fed to us perpetually as an issue through the media and overly liberal BBC. I cant say any of it has had any material impact in my work either how I behave or in terms of issues or cases. Other than doing some tickbox courses but thats a wider issue. Maybe its more prevalent in local govt and certain industries. I wouldnt know but the deliberate sowing of division is the nub of the problem I think. Turn off the net and burn the printing presses and we might be able to confirm that we are actually getting on pretty ok.

It Snowed Last Night

Moral:

😘
Basically, everybody is a cunt until they prove otherwise. Unfortunately today's world is abundant with whiny little twatbags with nothing better to do than making life harder for everybody else.
My wife's cousin's husband is a prime example. Fine until pissed, then the "you've got a problem because I'm gay" starts.
No, I have a problem because you're dickhead when drunk and I can't chin you for fear of being labelled a homophobe.
What happened to people just going about their business?
I believe in live and let live. Apart from vegans. Vegans can fuck right off.

Basically, everybody is a cunt until they prove otherwise. Unfortunately today's world is abundant with whiny little twatbags with nothing better to do than making life harder for everybody else.
My wife's cousin's husband is a prime example. Fine until pissed, then the "you've got a problem because I'm gay" starts.
No, I have a problem because you're dickhead when drunk and I can't chin you for fear of being labelled a homophobe.
My laughing emoji is for your final sentence :)

Quite brilliant 🤣

My laughing emoji is for your final sentence :)
😁 I don't think I'm alone in that sentiment really.
I just feel that society has become so wrapped up in what is and isn't offensive, that we've stopped just living our lives.
I mean, when you're delving back through the decades looking for things to get upset about today then surely the problem lies with the individual?
How far back do we go? Wait till they go as far back as early man and realise we used to eat our enemies. That'll be a fun day 🤔

😁 I don't think I'm alone in that sentiment really.
I just feel that society has become so wrapped up in what is and isn't offensive, that we've stopped just living our lives.
I mean, when you're delving back through the decades looking for things to get upset about today then surely the problem lies with the individual?
How far back do we go? Wait till they go as far back as early man and realise we used to eat our enemies. That'll be a fun day 🤔
It's a vocal minority. Any issue that can be defended properly should be listened to, but you won't be affected by people sharing their concerns.

I've even seen more 'militant' viewpoint holders lessen their views after having been listened to. I'm aware of people that used to be vegan campaigners (which is fair enough as it takes environmental issues into concern) now pushing for awareness of more mixed diets. All because they were listened to. I don't see how this can fail on a larger scale.

It's a vocal minority. Any issue that can be defended properly should be listened to, but you won't be affected by people sharing their concerns.

I've even seen more 'militant' viewpoint holders lessen their views after having been listened to. I'm aware of people that used to be vegan campaigners (which is fair enough as it takes environmental issues into concern) now pushing for awareness of more mixed diets. All because they were listened to. I don't see how this can fail on a larger scale.
Yeah, I'm only about 40% serious. I just said it for comedic effect and a cheap laugh.
I don't really take issue with it, just those little shits who'll go on about how they're vegan and blah blah blah (Morrissey basically)

Must admit, I yearn for the days when we all just fought for equality for everyone. Things were much easier back then in many ways!

Agree that social media has always exacerbated things, although the militant fringes on most movements have always existed. For example, the more extreme gay rights activists and militant vegetarians/vegans, while small in number, used to piss everyone off.

They managed to undo all the patient work we did building bridges and wider understanding by going on the attack, showing nothing but intolerance and judgement, and alienating potential allies. Social media has made it worse, though, IMO.

There’s a Political Correctness topic I would like to air. Relates to a recent signing. But I fear it’s not “politically acceptable” to raise it. Which says something!

Yeah, I'm only about 40% serious. I just said it for comedic effect and a cheap laugh.
I don't really take issue with it, just those little shits who'll go on about how they're vegan and blah blah blah (Morrissey basically)

Doesnt his alleged racism cancel out his veganism. 😸