PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Michael Apted Dies

Sad News.
This has been a fantastic series and so interesting to watch the participants as they have grown and evolved over time and also seeing the changes in society.
It has reflected life with some having had great sadness and others being lucky enough to have more joy than bad times.
Made it more interesting personally as they are only a Year or two younger so it has been great to be able to relate to most of them (not the posh ones)

Sad News.
This has been a fantastic series and so interesting to watch the participants as they have grown and evolved over time and also seeing the changes in society.
It has reflected life with some having had great sadness and others being lucky enough to have more joy than bad times.
Made it more interesting personally as they are only a Year or two younger so it has been great to be able to relate to most of them (not the posh ones)
Even the posh ones have had their bad luck though......

Neil's story is so tragic.
Yeah, he was such a cute , well presented young lad.... what went wrong there ??
I think he had a lot of mental health issues....

I sat across from him on a train about 4 or 5 years ago coming back from London - I assume he was going back home to Cumbria ..

he had his trademark overcoat on and cut a very sad figure....

I'm the same age as these individuals and Ive seen every episode ever broadcast. Compelling television. As others have said, some very sad elements to the lives of some of the characters. Neil, Symon and poor Lynn who died spring to mind.

Neil's scouse mate Peter, and his first wife, were mates with friends of mine. Apparently he was a really sound guy.

I'm the same age as these individuals and Ive seen every episode ever broadcast. Compelling television. As others have said, some very sad elements to the lives of some of the characters. Neil, Symon and poor Lynn who died spring to mind.

Neil's scouse mate Peter, and his first wife, were mates with friends of mine. Apparently he was a really sound guy.
What was the lad called who moved to Oz ?? He had issues as well...

quite an insecure lad but he grew in confidence as he got older..

Think it was Paul from the children's home with Simon?
Yeah he was in the care system. He and Neil were the two who brought out the maternal instinct even in blokes. The fist couple were shown and used as part of our 'O' Level Sociology course at school. Bloody liberal comprehensives-it's probably what Liz Truss in whingeing on about at the moment.
I currently teach children in the care system-the programme must have had a powerful effect on me as a teenager.