PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Neil OUT

Neil Out?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, amazing achievements. You must be delighted by failure.

You can make all the excuses you want (and I'm sure you'll continue to do so) but the simple truth is that Neil hasn't got us in the top 6 finish since he's been here.

And the other simple truth staring anyone in the face who opens their eyes is that Neil is NOT getting the best out the players.

My views are clear and I can't be arsed discussing it anymore.
How is it failure? PNE getting in the top six, as football currently is would be a monumental achievement. It's not 2000 and fucking 5.

I can't be assed discussing it any more with you to be honest, it's tedious, you're clearly waiting for every defeat so you can spout your repetitive bollocks and ignore cold hard truths. Anyone who replaces Neil will do well to finish above 16th, every season.

Nothing to do with today but I'm firmly Neil out now

Unlike you paddy. You have been Neil’s biggest supporter since he has managed us so it either (a) has to do with today or (b) has to do with us signing ched evans.

Very much b.

I still think he is an excellent manager on the whole and that won't change.

Fair enough. I understand ched evans has caused a bit of a divide amongst us supporters. Can see both sides of the argument. I am also a bit disappointed that Neil pushed through for the signing. It’s a bit sad that one signing has caused this and it was so easy preventable.

What do you expect him, or any manager, to achieve at this club, with this level of backing?

If it's more than mid table, you're delusional. A play off run is an overachievement, like it or not.
The usual blind faithers turn up with this argument, but it doesn't wash when we're not only outcompeted but outplayed and outthought by teams with much smaller budgets than ours. This team was made up of AN's players. They might not have been his first choices but they cost a hell of a lot more than Wycombe's.

Very much b.

I still think he is an excellent manager on the whole and that won't change.
An excellent manager, you having a laugh?
Have you not been watching these performances, we are utter rubbish and embarrassing to watch. Have been for over a year, we are an awful team!

This thread is utterly pointless. On the game itself, I thought AN looked quite annoyed when we got a goal back which says everything about our cup ambition. TBF who cares when we can’t actually see it anyway!

The usual blind faithers turn up with this argument, but it doesn't wash when we're not only outcompeted but outplayed and outthought by teams with much smaller budgets than ours. This team was made up of AN's players. They might not have been his first choices but they cost a hell of a lot more than Wycombe's.

Individual games are different to a whole season though. I'm sick of us looking like shite vs Wycombe too, don't worry. But I'd also much rather be in Preston's league position than theirs.

Probably how Brentford feel about us.

What do you expect him, or any manager, to achieve at this club, with this level of backing?

If it's more than mid table, you're delusional. A play off run is an overachievement, like it or not.
We have just got stuffed by a team that is managed by a guy that has less backing than Neil!

What about the players who have been playing, played again today but were also shite?

Alex, do you think you have any influence at all on how well the players perform? If not, why do we need you?

Will you ever take any responsibility for our performances and results?

Wasting your time mate. The wet blankets would rather see us relegated than admit Neil isn't up to the job.
If we get relegated, or even look close to relegation, I think everyone will be more than happy to agree that he needs chucking. You're just salty because your point has been called out and laughed at as the nonsense it was.

If we get relegated, or even look close to relegation, I think everyone will be more than happy to agree that he needs chucking. You're just salty because your point has been called out and laughed at as the nonsense it was.
Correct, we're 12th and 5pts off the playoffs in January.

Unsure how that means the manager isn't up to the job of managing Preston in the second tier.

My opinion, for as little as its worth, is that the excuse of having a bottom 3 budget is wearing a bit thin. I actually think player-for-player we're comfortably top 6, and when we actually turn up we show it.
Not stringing together 4 passes is nothing to do with budget. 2-3 backwards passes then lumping it, is due to how we're setting up to play. It's just tragic football, and we're capable of so much more.

Just watching Huddersfield (reserves and youth) v Plymouth, both teams playing lovely passing football, like most teams I watch, even supposedly long ball Wycombe footballed us off the pitch today.

Regardless of the ability of the back ups for North End today, it's the lack of a clear plan and the style of hoof ball football that I can't abide under Neil.

Status
Not open for further replies.