PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

If that’s the best we can offer for the FA cup?

Final Stand

Catchy book title, who was the author?
Patron
Then support Chorley..........Turgid shite in the league and absolutely no intent regards the FA cup, so only a relegation fight to look forward to?

The FA Cup isn't a priority for any club in the top two division any more.
Hasn't been for a long time.
Correct, so what can the PNE faithful look forward to?

Then support Chorley..........Turgid shite in the league and absolutely no intent regards the FA cup, so only a relegation fight to look forward to?
I don't believe we'll been in a relegation fight because there is a fair gap between us and the bottom 3 and we do manage some decent wins often when we least expect them.
As has been mentioned elsewhere when we play squad players in the cup it highlights our lack of strength in depth.
Performances in the cup have been poor for a number of seasons and that is regrettable.
Hopefully the loan signings improve the team in the second half of the season.

It should be. It is for me, as a fan. I want us to try and win every game. A good cup run brings excitement especially when we are in mid table obscurity. What is the fucking point of the club otherwise?
Agree Keith, yeah it hasn't got that glamour feel about it but at the end of the day, you can blame people in the game itself. Wasn't it Alex Ferguson who first fielded a weakened team for a cup tie? Other managers then decided to jump on the bandwagon, while at the same time, the competition suffered through it. Sky, lazy journalism, contempt by clubs, contempt by fans, as shown by a good few on here, have all comprised to make it what it is today. I've just recently turned 50 but the memories of an FA cup final day, watchin it as a kid an in my youth, the big build up an all that will last with me forever

Agree Keith, yeah it hasn't got that glamour feel about it but at the end of the day, you can blame people in the game itself. Wasn't it Alex Ferguson who first fielded a weakened team for a cup tie? Other managers then decided to jump on the bandwagon, while at the same time, the competition suffered through it. Sky, lazy journalism, contempt by clubs, contempt by fans, as shown by a good few on here, have all comprised to make it what it is today. I've just recently turned 50 but the memories of an FA cup final day, watchin it as a kid an in my youth, the big build up an all that will last with me forever
The FA cup gave the dream of glory for every club and for every supporter, no dream, turgid survivalist football, then just what is the point supporting your club?

Sad as it is the Cup is not what it was, The Biggest Clubs started it but no one cares like they did

The final was huge even in the eighties but there are quite literally more games shown live in a week as we had in a season before the Prem

I'm from Chorley .. but stuff Chorley. Went on to a play off final match at victory park (Chorley lost 3-2) a few years ago and it was packed with Blackburn and Bolton fans singing anti-PNE chants (I recall it being a few days before our play off final Vs Swindon) It was a bit odd.

Really not arsed about the Cup this year as a whole, not just in terms of PNE.

Its importance shrinks without fans, way, way more so than the league. What good is Chorley hosting Derby at home when you can't hear 2000 Lancastrians drowning out a few hundred Derby fans?

Really not arsed about the Cup this year as a whole, not just in terms of PNE.

Its importance shrinks without fans, way, way more so than the league. What good is Chorley hosting Derby at home when you can't hear 2000 Lancastrians drowning out a few hundred Derby fans?
Yes today’s result for the mighty Crawley Town will do them no good what so ever.

When did PNE last make the national news for any football achievement? It must have been in black and white film coverage?

Yes today’s result for the mighty Crawley Town will do them no good what so ever.

When did PNE last make the national news for any football achievement? It must have been in black and white film coverage?
I'll be hoping Marine can cause another upset, thoroughly enjoyed watching Leeds gettin pasted at Crawley!

Comment from TV today, Little old Marine playing the mighty Tottenham it’s great for the local community.

Don’t you mean on the wireless