PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Transfer Window Overview - January 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whiteman lives in the Greater Manchester area.

He lives Manchester way and is a Heywood lad so think location would favour us slightly.

Ultimately comes down to money I guess. If we’re messing around on the fee and Barnsley nip in with the valuation then that’s all there is to it.
Ah I thought he lived closer to Doncaster. Thanks

Neil threw Fisher under the bus last week with his comments about Jim crying wolf.

Going to struggle to get decisions from refs now if his own manager calls him a cheat
I missed that, but Neil wasn't wrong. Whether he should have said it publicly is another matter....

Neil is to blame he picks the players its his tactics and he signed most of this chap. he should be holding his hand and take the blame
You sure it wasn't the owner? Iirc, AN only personally wanted Ledson, Potts, Riis and Molumby (maybe Hughes who is solid enough imo) from those who started today, rest were either Hemmings thinking he sees a profit i.e. Earl or a cheap signing to fill a gap/4th choices i.e. Rafferty and Stockley

He lives Manchester way and is a Heywood lad so think location would favour us slightly.

Ultimately comes down to money I guess. If we’re messing around on the fee and Barnsley nip in with the valuation then that’s all there is to it.

Barnsley supporting mate of mine has sent the below:

View attachment 2644

Having had Multiple bids turned down last summer, why would we mess about bidding again, when we can just let yourselves or another club agree a price, Ask his agent what your offering in wages, then match the fee and beat the wage offer, or move onto other targets, we loaned Donkey a player mid week, if we was still interested in Whiteman I would have thought we would have held on to use him as a bargaining chip.

This is all getting a bit pathetic from Doncaster. Trying to use Covid recovery as a smokescreen and then this is leaked to their press -

I don’t understand what he was saying regarding if any new players in before next weeks press conference, so could anyone please explain in what he is saying? I wish that he would just answer the question by saying yes or no, it would make life easier.

I don’t understand what he was saying regarding if any new players in before next weeks press conference, so could anyone please explain in what he is saying? I wish that he would just answer the question by saying yes or no, it would make life easier.
He is saying he wants to do a lot more business Keith, preferably permanently. I imagine he is being coy because it is not usually wise to make promises about when transfers will happen.

He wants more, but doesn't want to say exactly how many in case it weakens our position for negotiation etc.

This is all getting a bit pathetic from Doncaster. Trying to use Covid recovery as a smokescreen and then this is leaked to their press -

It was the most obvious lie ever and they've made themselves look rather stupid in the process.

Can't see the journo being in Donny's good books now mind!

It remains to be seen whether an agreement can be reached in the next few days that will satisfy all parties but it appears increasingly likely that Whiteman will remain a Rovers player beyond the end of this month is there a missing words in there about him staying there after the window, should it be saying more unlikely then likely to be staying.

@keithaw Yes it says towards the bottom of the article that it is appearing likely that he will stay beyond the end of the window.

However it also says in the article that Doncaster know it's hard to hold onto players that want to play higher and it basically says he wants to join Preston and stay in the area.

Doncaster as a club and the local press have tied themselves up in knots about the Whiteman thing with all this game playing and smokescreens.

I
@keithaw Yes it says towards the bottom of the article that it is appearing likely that he will stay beyond the end of the window.

However it also says in the article that Doncaster know it's hard to hold onto players that want to play higher and it basically says he wants to join Preston and stay in the area.

Doncaster as a club and the local press have tied themselves up in knots about the Whiteman thing with all this game playing and smokescreens.
I don’t think this is cut and dry for us. I think Donny could play hardball here and make us wait until summer.

I also don’t think QPR have gone away despite his intention of staying up north. Barnsley could well be keeping tabs as mentioned. Who else is lurking and waiting?

I thought that was a typo and supposed to say ‘unlikely’ because they whole article wasn’t exactly positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.